Sorceress Masteries question

AceOfJacks

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorceress Masteries question

I skimmed through the "Double Dream Sorceress" guide a little while ago located HERE, and in it, it stated that:

2. Dreams stack
The dream runeword shield and runeword helm have an effective level 30 holy shock aura when both equiped. This adds an impressive 1.6k lightning damage to your attack, and similar to fire mastery, lightning mastery affects it 2 times, [assume your Lmastery is 400%, then your 1.6k damage would be 1600 * 5*5 = WOW]. You want to make the dream out of a tiara [because its sexy], and either a dragonshield [because its also sexy][no not dragon runeword] or troll nest [these 2 shields have low str req, and have 3 guarateed sockets]. I did not want a big str item to bog down my stat point allocation.
Now that got me to thinking ...

Does the same work for the "Kingslayer" runeword?

Kingslayer
4 Socket Swords/Axes
Mal + Um + Gul + Fal

+30% Increased Attack Speed
+230-270% Enhanced Damage (varies)
-25% Target Defense
20% Bonus To Attack Rating
33% Chance of Crushing Blow
50% Chance of Open Wounds
+1 To Vengeance
Prevent Monster Heal
+10 To Strength
40% Extra Gold From Monsters
If masteries worked for Vengeance, then you could build a fun melee sorceress. Does anyone know is Vengeance gets pumped by the pumping of Lightning and Fire Mastery?

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
yep, for melee, mastery works. but, only for enchant does it work twice, once for the casting, once for the actual attack.

i don't believe it should work like this, it should only work twice if you are casting it from the relevant tree.

vengeance should only work once, as only the physical damage is used to figure out vengeance's elemental damage, which is then multiplied. otherwise, it would work triple: cast, damage calculation, and then melee attack.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not sure about venegance, but since it works with aura equip weapons, I can't see why it wouldn't work with vengeance, which is an actual skill. What is definetly sure, is that the LCS _WILL_ display the damage wrong, and that AceOfJacks' avatar is the coolest I have ever seen! :clap:

Arbedark

Diabloii.Net Member
helvete said:
I'm not sure about venegance, but since it works with aura equip weapons, I can't see why it wouldn't work with vengeance, which is an actual skill. What is definetly sure, is that the LCS _WILL_ display the damage wrong, and that AceOfJacks' avatar is the coolest I have ever seen! :clap:
Jay from Jay and Silent Bob.

Sorry for the OT.

It should work, since sorc masteries used to work with elemental charms, and elemental damage from weapons such as barana's star.

Arb

AceOfJacks

Diabloii.Net Member
Thank you all for the info. It works ... which means I'm building a new fun character.

And thank you for the compliments on the avatar. I thought it was funny when I first submitted it.

Zigot_HD

Diabloii.Net Member
so if Vengeance from Kingslayer works then, if you combine dual dream + kingslayer + max lightning mastery .... that would make a hell of a melee sorc....for PVM.

Z

Feetstench

Diabloii.Net Member
well if damage sums are totaled like this then why was I told by somebody that Dragon runewords - to fire resist would not affect a Fire trappers damage?

isn't it kinda te same theory?