Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sorceress armor

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by mr hamster, Aug 28, 2006.

1. mr hamster

mr hamster IncGamers Member

Sorceress armor

i was thinking about end-game gear, and couldn't decide between coh and nigma...which one is better for a sorceress? and is there anything besides those two that are viable?

2. xNamastex

xNamastex IncGamers Member

Really depends on type of sorc. IMO. My end game full tals meterorb uses a 5/5 cold die faceted tals. Thought about those other 2 armours but after doing the math, neither makes sense for a meterorb (basically a fireball/FO).

3. emar

emar IncGamers Member

No, absolutely not, there are only TWO viable armors for any sorceress?

Ormus, VM, Tal's are all really good too...

Depending on your purpose you could do 20/20 armor or even Skullder's.

4. az-0k

az-0k IncGamers Member

get an Ormus +3 lightning if ur sorc is cold/lightning.

5. mackaveli

mackaveli IncGamers Member

so what is the best if i'm a PvM, should i get CoH cause of is resists and +2 to skills? and str bonus?

6. Dystopianday

Dystopianday IncGamers Member

For PvM CoH is the way to go, I think. I'm currently obsessing over ES builds that don't need resists, so I'm using Ormuses for the damage and fast cast.

Vipermagi represents a very good compromise between Ormus and CoH - the fast cast of the Ormus with half the +skill and resists of CoH. If you care about MF, Tal's is the way to go.

7. emar

emar IncGamers Member

I meant it in a sarcastic manner - saying that there are plenty of armors viable, not only the dupewords.

CoH would be fine though.

8. Speedster

Speedster IncGamers Member

I would agree. CoH is very nice, and an up'd Vipermagi is probably the real bargain. I tend to use that till I can make my own CoH. With all the duped high runes now, just be wary -- I found a Sur and traded it (many months ago) for a Ber that poofed in my stash overnight.

In general by the time my sorc has CoH and other high-end gear I'm less interested in mf'ing and more into leveling (on ladder). But Tal's is nice anyway for lowering enemy resists - you need pretty nice gear all around to improve on it.

9. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

Enigma's really only useful on a sorc that you'd want base (or as close to as possible) strength on - eg, pure energy light sorcs. The lack of resists or faster cast make it less useful for other builds.

10. wvvw

wvvw IncGamers Member

fcr is always important if you are a sorceress. After playing with my 200+ fcr FB sorc for so long, playing with any sorc with less than 120% fcr just annoys the hell out of me. I know, i'm impatient...but seriously--low fcr makes your teleport useless, because you would be dying all the time.

I cannot believe that you could only think of enigma and coh as viable end-game armor.
    I'm not saying that you must have fcr on your armor. I'm just saying to make sure you have fcr, and if you are in need of fcr, sacrifice the extra res and +1 skill you get from CoH--most times its worth it.