Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sorc vs. Diablo.

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by jonnyrotten, Mar 15, 2004.

1. jonnyrotten

jonnyrotten IncGamers Member

Sorc vs. Diablo.

Okay, so I got my Sorc to level 35 and Im trying to take on Diablo.

The only problem is I can only get in a few shots before I get dead. Very dead! Im just running away from his damned spells the whole time and if I stand still long enough to attack (ie 1 second) I get nailed!

Is there a good tactic for taking on 'The Big D' I found ways of taking on all the other Act Bosses but Diablo seems too damn strong.

Help me please!

2. Richard-gm39

Richard-gm39 IncGamers Member

What I do is stand right in Diablo's face. If you get close enough his lightening of death can not hit you. If you use this tactic then all you have to watch out for is his cold hit (melee attack) and fire attack which he shoots along the ground.

Also, try maxing fire, cold and lightening resists, get max block and use static field to 1/2 kill him.

Hope this is of some help :thumbsup:

3. Fercil

Fercil IncGamers Member

What spells are you using? What kind of gear do you have? Resists? Are you playing classic or expansion?

4. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Static isn't very good against DC.
    In my experience blizzard sorcies work the best, but as with all the hard enemies you need a good merc to do the tanking. Reapers toll works best against DC. Best thing to do if you don't have a good merc is to ask help, because a sorc without prevent monster heal will notice that DC's life goes up faster than you can damage him. I killed DC a lot of times, and the difference between hammerdin+meteor sorc and hammerdin+barb (barb combo was a lot faster) is because I used prevent monster heal from the barb+the hammerdin had BO so he could stand in front of DC. Ofcourse, maxed resists is a must too, the lightning thing hurts.

5. Fercil

Fercil IncGamers Member

Eh? Herald, I think he's having problem with Diablo as in act4 end monster, not Diablo clone.

6. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Aarg. My mistake :eek:
    I got so used to the "I can't beat DC" threads that I didn't pay close attention. But the same thing applies to Diablo, sort of. You do need a good merc(well good, on normal he needs to survive some hits), but static does work nice. You can almost static diablo to death on normal.

7. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

One thing that makes him easy is that when he runs (or gallops, or whatever), he always goes until he gets to his destination. Any cold damage you do while he's running makes him slow down and run in place. From there you can static him.

Teleport everywhere

8. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

If you can provide details of your character stats and skills, we can help more. I killed diablo last week with a level 29 Meteorb sorc and no merc, and I only died once doing it, so it can be done.

Here's what I did...I ran around the edges of his walkways until he came out of the middle, then ran up and Static Fielded him over and over really fast until he was down to about 1/4 life. Then I blasted off a Blizzard, and alternated dropping meteors and casting firewalls while running circles around him like a maniac to try to avoid getting hit, and sprinting (or teleporting) away when he casts one of his big bad spells.

Hope this helps, and if it doesn't, give some more info about your character.

9. jonnyrotten

Erm... I seem to have killed him. Sorry. :innocent:

I used this tactic: I ran away until I was 'off his radar' then advanced cautiosly casting the odd orb to slow him down if you get close too quickly. I cast loads of hydras (I have Slevel 3). Once I got close, I would see the hydras start shooting, then I retreated and casted bazillions more hydras and orbs drinking potions like an alcoholic in a brewery.

Then he died. He wasnt even on screen. :winner:

10. Richard-gm39

Richard-gm39 IncGamers Member

I don't see why people don't use my tactic! If u stand right in close to him, if your concentrating (no not the baba skill) , there is absolutely no way he can kill you. Just my opinion

11. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

this is wat i do, tele up to him, static him 5, 6 times, then tele away. then just orb and tele. orb and tele, orb and tele or blizz and tele, etc. also only his pink lighhtning can kill u, if u keep moving, it will not hit you, his fire nova shouldn't kill u in one hit so u can use pots.

12. jonnyrotten

Yes, I had really bad fire resist before, so I made a nice crafted helm with good -magic/damage and fire resist. Made a big difference.