Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sorc Stat Help

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by TolRak, Feb 13, 2004.

1. TolRak

TolRak IncGamers Member

Sorc Stat Help

Hail all.

Currently, my Sorcerer is level 55 with the following stats: (Without Items)

Str : 93
    Dex : 96
    Vit : 110
    Ene : 61

Until now I've just been dumping points into what I think is best, trying to keep everything even, but with every level I gain I find that the choice is getting harder, uncertain of what specifications Top-end sorcerer equipment need.

I've come to this forum seeking advice on what the best High-end stat layout is, and how I should be spending my points.

My end spec is going to be Meteor/Freezing Orb Sorcerer, with 20 warmth and 20 Fire Mastery. I never play alone , instead, I'm grouped with a Frenzy Barb friend of mine, who is planning on having 20 Shout and 20 Battle Orders.

I've searched around this forum, but was unable to find the information that I needed. If this question has already been asked, I'd greatly appreciate a link to the answer.

Thanks alot for reading my message, and I would be grateful for a few replies :)

2. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

More than 103 Strength(For Archon Plate) is usually not needed for a Sorceress.

Dexterity, Enough for Max block (if you choose to go that way)... Otherwise, nothing.

Vitality, Usually anything you have to spare.

Energy is a feel thing. It depends on how much mana you get from your gear, but I wouldn't suggest more than 50-80 Energy for a MeteOrb build. With that much Warmth and a BO barb, I really doubt you'll need as much Energy. You could probably stop pumping that at tis point.

If you haven't already maxed Warmth, save some of those points for Synergies to add to the damage.

3. ender11782

ender11782 IncGamers Member

I second that. Meteorb is a build that doesn't take a lot of mana b/c meteor and orb are both timered. You'll be a lot better of putting pts in synergies and vitality than into warmth and energy. My meteorb has energy at base and one point in warmth.

4. TolRak

TolRak IncGamers Member

Thanks alot for the replies guys, theres just one thing im uncertain about...

Where abouts should my dex be at, and should I be looking at a specific shield to get?

Ideally, I'd like to have max block, but since this is my first character, im unsure of the shields I should be going for.

Once again, Thanks for the replies. You've helped me out alot :)

5. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

Dex will probably have to be around 200 by the end of it... It depends on the shield.

When looking for a shield, (If you're not twinked) the most important stat is Blocking. After that comes Resists but you can always put in a Perfect Diamond.

For a good shield for a low price, try to get a "Rhyme" runeword shield.

Rhyme
    2 Socket Shields
    Shael + Eth
    20% Increased Chance of Blocking
    40% Faster Block Rate
    All Resistances +25
    Regenerate Mana 15%
    Cannot Be Frozen
    50% Extra Gold From Monsters
    25% Better Chance Of Getting Magic Items

A lot of people like making them in Heater's... Those are Elite buckler's and they have good blocking with low Str requirements. It can be hard to acquire though... Imo, Even a Normal Bone Shield can get the job done rather well.

The Dex you'll need is dependant on the blocking of the shield and your Character level. When you have your shield, you can just hover your mouse over your Defensive Rating and it will tell you your chance to block. Stop pumping Dex when it reaches 75% (Max Block)... and every level look back. You'll see if you need a nother point or two in Dex.

6. Evadek

Evadek Banned

To be Honest, you either use dexterity for Max block, weapon requirements aka a Wizardspike or you don't put anything in.
    Alot of items give a boost to dex. For instance my MF sorc has no dexterity at all but I can still use my ali baba because of items.
    A sorc doesn't really need block unless they are gonna be a PvP sorc because you will need to block the melee characters attacks, if your going to MF and/or do PvM then I doubt you need any block at all as you can attack without coming up close to the monster.

Hope that helps
    :thanks: