Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sorc questions

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Ironcarrotfounderson, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Ironcarrotfounderson

Ironcarrotfounderson IncGamers Member

Sorc questions

Thanks to vex for taking my nooby self twice as far as I have ever been in diablo and the pally known as avb thor for clearing the bosses in hell.

1. Is the memory staff viable in hell, lum lo sol eth.

2. Where may i aquire the first to runes.

3. Where may i find mf gear so i can actually mf.

4. If i wish to gain tal rashas outfit must i kill tal rasha X number of times or may others drop it.

5. I am still pretty weak, fire balls at about 1500 damage, meteor at 5000, lev 78, merc 76 where may i level up him and my sorc safest, nm baal runs are not really fun and full of spammers (pp'pp'pp'pp'pp'pp'pp'pp'pp' grrrr).

Sorry if these questions come accross as rude, my bad english and Im pretty new so even with all the threads the masses of info and jargon confuse my brain.

Oh and 6, i have some runes, are they good ones? shael sol hel tir mal eld and a bunch of lowers

2. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Did you even read the thread you started with exactly the same questions? Or are you just obsesivly chronicly repetetive? That is even more annoying then "ppppppppp" spammers

3. toader

toader Banned

1. Is the staff viable? Yes...anything is viable. Is it reccomended...probably not. Would be better off with a rare one-hand sorc weapon with good +skills.

2. Lum and Io runes can be aquired in NM mode or higher I beleive. It may even be possible to get them in the latter stages of Normal, but Im not sure.

3. MF gear. Well, the best bet for MF gear for a new player is perfect topazes and shopping merchants. Perfect topazes add 24% MF in helms and sheilds. So save your flawless ones (3 flawless gems = perfect in cube), and find a 3-4 socket armor and a 3-socket helm, and fill them with perfect topazes. As for boots and gloves, shopping the vendors and you will eventually find some 20%+ boots and gloves.

4. You dont have to kill Tal Rasha at all to get anything. Tal Rashas set can drop from other monsters. Mainly in Hell and NM mode, some of it can be found in latter normal, but very rare.

5. Lvl 78 should be playing in hell mode. From reading your dmg, it sounds as if you might have spread yourself too thin on the skills, your fireball and meteor dmg is pretty weak for your lvl. Maybe you might conisider finding a guide here on the forums and re-building your sorc. Will take a little time, but it will be well worth it.

6. All runes have some value. The runes you listed are valuable in this order from increasing to decreasing: Mal, Hel, Shael, Sol, Tir, Eld.

Hope some of that helps. If you are on USEast, gimme a shout and I can help you some more in person possibly.

*LDToad-BM

4. toader

toader Banned

Looks to me like this is his first post/thread. What other thread are you talking about....did he have another SN or something?

5. Ironcarrotfounderson

Ive got a good single for my lev right now, wont bother with memory but will end aim for heart of the oak.

Thanks for everything else, getting my **** kicked by tal rasha was not something i planned on enjoying

Ive followed the meteorb sorc very closely only put more skill in to fire mastery to early, added effects keep me at least useful and im hoping blind tenacity will see me through.:)

Thanks man.

6. Ironcarrotfounderson

I did attempt to post a thread a short time ago but i got an error message, no intention to spam and you can see by my lack of 'give me tal rashas armour plzzzzzzzzzzzz' threads I intend only polite exchange.

7. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Just click on his name and click on posted messages. I've seen this post a day ago or something

But ok, I didn't mean to be rude or something

Few things;

- Tal Rasha is not a monster you can encounter in the game.
    - Hel rune can drop in late normal I believe. Just play a lot and eventually one will drop. Or try to trade for it. Lum is a different story. More rare but can drop from NM Hellforge Quest.
    - MF gear drops from monsters. Just kill a lot of them end eventually you'll find some. NM Meph is easiest and can drop many nice MF gear.
    - 1.5k Fireball is not that low. Just boost it by leveling and putting points in synergies
    - Level 78 is high enough to go to Hell difficulty