Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

sorc question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by deathsguard666, Mar 26, 2005.

1. deathsguard666

deathsguard666 IncGamers Member

sorc question

will this be a viable build in hell?

cold:
    20 glaicial spike
    20 blizzard
    cold mastery ?

fire:
    20 fire bolt
    20 fire ball
    fire mastery ?

and what ever is left put into either mastery. of course this includes one point wonders: warmth, static, teleport. i'm wondering if the damage is high cause i'm not good at adding damages with synergies and the like. i'm thinking of using the tal's set(if i could find it) i'm not good with sorcs so any input wiuld be nice.

2. Feceset

Feceset IncGamers Member

I think you could get by, but probably not with a lot of power.

I could check a skill caclulator to see the damage.

3. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

My opinion is that you will be short of damage on both sides (cold/fire). I would suggest that you utilise the cold tree as your main attack considering the power of Blizzard.

Due to the lack of points Firewall is a better option, however it is more common.

Also, Ice Blast is the better option in comparison to Glacial Spike as the freeze duration is longer.

As an estimation, your damage would be:

Blizzard (20): 1197-1299
    Glacial Spike (20): 225-242 or Ice Blast (20): 678-714

Fire Bolt (20): 191-254
    Fireball (20): 758-860

10 Points in Cold Mastery will give 65% pierce.

4. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Allrighty:
    With +5 all skills you'll have somewhat decent damage, Blizzard - 1700-1800, FB - 1000-1100. This is without any points in the masteries. Both a little lowish, but it's viable..
    The problem here is that this setup (the 80 points spend like you did) will get you at clvl 75 counting the 12 skill rewards (which you don't have since I doubt you'll be in act 4 hell at clvl 75).

Let's say your char will end at clvl 85 you'd have about 10 points to spend in both masteries.. 6 in FM will give 100% (including the +5) so 4 in CM will give 60%.

It is viable, however you'd be underpowered. If you want to go with this build, go for it! It's doable and probably fun.
    If you're in doubt now, I'd advise you to take a look at the good old firewall which will do about 1700-1800 dmg without any points in firemastery, giving you an extra couple of points to spread across both masteries and possibly an extra synergy to blizzard. :)

''Mil & Sam''

5. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

sounds almost exactly like my lvl 94 sorc. I went with

15 fbolt
    20 fball
    1 mastery

20 blizz
    20 iceblast
    -170 cold resists after skills/gear
    rest in glacial spike.

I have a 3.9k fb, 4k blizz, Rips through p8 baal runs without a problem

Needs some good gear to make it work however. If you don't have it then go with firewall.

6. tweety

tweety IncGamers Member

Also similar to my lvl 97 sorc. I have 6 K blizzard damage and 4 K fireball, but of course you need better gear than Tals set for that. Tals set will do though.

Firewall looks better on paper, but in practice its is way slower. The damage of firewall is per second and monsters move out of the wall. Fireball is much easier to aim and you can shoot 2-3 per second.

7. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

so how much mf do you get the kill with? Although tals partial set (ammy/armour/belt) doesn't offer that many skills, it's hard to beat it for mf and survivability.

8. ArchAngel Tiberrius

Magic Find comes after survivability. The original poster first wants to know if the build is Hell viable. Then he will be wanting to find Tal's set.

For the most part, I feel the Tal-Rusha set lacks resists. It has been a while since I looked at the set attributes however.

Magic Find is best done with a quick character. This often means cookie cutter. This build could still MF and kill at a fair rate with a precise setup (which I doubt the original poster would have).

9. frosty

frosty IncGamers Member

Tal rasha's set provides +50 resist all with full set and with the various resist bonuses and Anya quests, +25 resist all in hell is not too hard. A rhyme or sanctuary wll further boost it excluding charms and other stuff.

My Tal sorc can do Baal runs at 400+ Mf, which it is okay by my standard.

The build should be viable with Tal's set. But fireball over firewall, for tweety's reasons.

10. ArchAngel Tiberrius

As I said, I hadn't looked at the full set bonuses, and I haven't broken out my Sorceress in quite a while.

However, the person I quoted was referring to the survivability of Tal-Rusha's Amulet/Armour/Belt combination and stating its 'survivability'. Without the resist bonuses of the full set, the partial wearing of the set would not be as strong.

11. Reborn2k

Reborn2k IncGamers Member

Firewall needs no synergies and monsters won't walk out of the wall, if you freeze them with Glacial Spike! :)

12. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

In this case, Firewall is used to kill CI's and you can't freeze them ;)

13. Reborn2k

Reborn2k IncGamers Member

O.O. My bad. Damn. ^^

Edit: But there are other Pro's for Firewall

-doesn't need synergies (as I said)
    -can be stacked: the cast delay is 1.4 secs and the wall lasts 3.6 secs. That means that if you cast it constantly there will always be 2 walls and for 0.8 seconds even 3, so triple damage
    -can be used to kill stationary targets like horadrim mummies easily (I find blizzard works better against moving mobs, but not (single) stationary targets)

14. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

a n00b question: what gear is better than tal's set? I'm dreaming to have the full set, can't think something better than it yet.

15. ArchAngel Tiberrius

Entirely based upon the build. Tailoring equipment around choices such as Death's Fathom, Griffon's Eye etc could yield a much better option. However, I believe a Meteorb does the Tal's set justice.

16. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

17. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Thats pretty much my blizz sorc setup designed for baal running. I maxed blizz and got CM to 17, maxed fireball and half maxed firebolt. then began maxing glacial spike. once that was done, i put some points into ice blast and fire mastery.