Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sorc- Max Mana/Mana Regen/Energy Shield

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Nevre, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Nevre

Nevre IncGamers Member

Sorc- Max Mana/Mana Regen/Energy Shield

Using VenomousVixens calculations (which may be outdated) mana regeneration occurs at the rate of
    MaxaMana * (100 + BaseRegenRateBonus) / 12000.

It seems possible that a sorceress could gain around 2000 base mana.
    With high level warmth and high level paladin meditation aura (around level 26 each) plus a few bits of equipment around +1500% mana regen rate also seems possible.

This would give an overall rate of regeneration of about 267 mana/sec.

With PDR, elemental resists and a good energy shield, would it be possible to kill this sorc?

Any other thoughts on the matter?
    If anyone would like to get together and test this I am on US West, acct Nevre, or just PM me.
    Thanks.

2. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

It is important to remember that energy shield does not absorb ALL damage.

3. Nevre

Nevre IncGamers Member

Yes but as far as I can find out the cap is 95%.
    So you would have to have, at maximum, 10% (dmg to health + some more) of 2000 (max mana maybe), so about 200 life right?

4. Tarod

Tarod IncGamers Member

Sorc and Energy Shield

There is still a big problem with the energy shield : it seems (my conclusion, not confirmed) that energy shield applies BEFORE any other kind of damage reduction (ie DR/Resists).

Regarding the final life loss, this does not change anything.

But regarding the amount of mana you loose, it's very different. I play a sorc with very high resists, and elemental damage does very, very little damage to me. But almost anytime, it empties my manapool, even if I spent more than 15 hard points in Telekinesis.

My advice : MS is a nice skill, but for now it's impossible to rely ONLY on it. You definetely need life ...

Tarod

5. vamp_sx

vamp_sx IncGamers Member

I would actually like to hear from someone that builds a nice mana shield sorc. Perhaps high blocking or dr might help? Oh well, I'll be one of the anxious and waiting.

I still remember D1. Mana shield = 100% any damage taken =).

6. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

95% damage absorption occurs at Slvl 60.

With that out of the question, you will always take 5% or more of the damage dealt to you.

A re-phrase of my first post in this thread: with ANY damage being dealt to you, you will eventually die.

So, to re-answer your question, yes it would be possible to kill that sorc.

I won't even go into matters of hell monster damages related amounts of mana needed to sustain non-resist/DR-cushioned Energy Shield.

7. Nevre

Nevre IncGamers Member

Thanks for the input Cloud. As far as I can find out about a lvl 40 Eshield does the job as far as 95% damage absorbtion. Where did you get the lvl 60 firgure from?
    So, you take 5% of dmg, this can then be reduced further with things like resists and DR, correct? So, overall, you take less than 5% dmg.
    Yes, you will eventually die, but, thats what health potions are for right?
    Of course it it possible to kill anything, I was just looking at making something that was very hard to kill. Also, thinking about PVM.

Could you go into the matters of Hell monster dmg or point to something that does?

Thanks