Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

sorc issue

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by mythus, Feb 24, 2004.

1. mythus

mythus IncGamers Member

sorc issue

k i have a lvl 72 sorc in useast ladder that does meph hell runs. She is having some issues in staying alive. i've pumped into vital while having base dex and 80 to energy and 84 strength. i use this equp:

tal armor
    tal ammy
    tal belt
    shako
    oculus
    rythme shield
    26 and 30 nagel
    30% chance

she has about 500 mf right now which is decent. wut should i do in order to make this issue disappear.

2. mythus

mythus IncGamers Member

btw she has frozen armor. which in total gives her 2500 def.

3. Lantto

Lantto IncGamers Member

What skill do you use for killing? If you use meteor or blizz you should use the moat trick to stay completely safe. You tele up to meph and get him to follow you (possibly while spamming some static), then you drag him down to the moat with you and tele to the other side. That way you can get him to stay in one plce with you out of range for him, but with meph in blizz or meteor raneg for you.

4. mythus

mythus IncGamers Member

ya thats what i do. i static then tele behind moat. then meteor and fireball him. which is ez. but i really do love to tank. i thought it was an issue i was having with my sorc. maybe i just didnt build her well. she does 13k meteor and 7-8k fireball which is not bad for damage at this time since i havnt even maxed firebolt yet. which i am doing right now.

5. warding

warding Banned

Let me add up these resists:

Tal armor = 40 (except psn)
    Occy = 20
    Rhyme = 25

Total = 85, which is 15 to fire, cold, light and -25 to psn in hell if i'm not mistaken. IMO you're optimizing too much mf and losing combat gear, but that's just my opinion since I never mf run with much more than 200 mf.

6. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Go go ss, ultimate meph shield.
    Get SS and an Anni, should help your resists, all you need is light and ice.

7. mythus

mythus IncGamers Member

mk well then. il try to get a ss from my mf runs. then il use it and um or ist it for either more resist or more mf. i think il ist. but before that.. i must mf more so ... hope luck is on my side today.

ah... found out a error on that. ss requires to much strength.. so il be pumping into strength for another 15 lvls before i can use it =\

8. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

You can always pre-equip gear with +30 or less strength, put on ss, and take that gear off, and use SS from the str bonus.

9. mythus

mythus IncGamers Member

i also did some other change. im now using nats boot for the cold and light resist which isnt really bad. il just use my travs for a pally mf hammer i might be doing soon.