Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sorc Help

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by seige, Mar 18, 2005.

1. seige

seige IncGamers Member

Sorc Help

I'm playing a HC Sorc and really have no idea on what the best armor is for her. The last Sorc I played was in 1:09 and as 1:10 is entirely different I need advice on what the best armor would befor her so I can set her strength requirements. I was thinking on the lines of Duriels or a Vipermagi.
    She's lvl 25 atm. her stats are 56/79/34 and no that is not her measurements before the comments start :p
    I can't make anything with runewords as the highest rune I have is a Sol.
    As my MF Nec has died it is up to her to find what items she can.
    Thanks all. :)

- Jas :wave:

2. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

I've just started a HC sorcy too. ATM she's wearing a 3T gothic plate for the mf obviously. She got lucky with the amulet/circlet slots so thats where I get most of my resists from.

A skin of the viper magi would be nice, but I got a lum from my nm forge so I'm planning on making a smoke rw for hell

3. Sidhe

Sidhe IncGamers Member

I'd go with the Vipermagi. Although it lacks the "cannot be frozen" and has less defense, the +1 to skills and the faster cast rate are a big plus. With a bit of luck the resistances are almost the same, so no worry about that. If you ever get the runes for it, upgrading Vipermagi will make the defense to be around 840, which i think is nice.

What kind of sorc are you building? Unless you're making a melee sorc, plusses to skills and faster cast rates are more important than defense, in my opinion...

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I second that... Vipermagi is just such a godly sorceress armor.. Cannot Be Frozen isn't that important for a sorceress because it doesn't affect your cast rate. The only thing Duriel's really has to offer is the very nice life bonus...other than that Vipermagi beats it.

5. seige

seige IncGamers Member

Hi Sidhe :) Hope your well. I'm making just the old Meteorb Sorc. I did think of Vipermagi or Duriels so I thought I would ask before I took my strength up too high. A upgrade would be nice, I plan to run NM Mephi when I get there and hopefully can find a few more runes for an upgrade. I guess I'll just have to see how things go for the moment.
    @Shermo. I didn't think of smoke, it's something that I will have a look at. Thanks. The way I go finding runes a Lum could be a longggg way away. :(

6. Sidhe

Sidhe IncGamers Member

I've upped my Vipermagi (yeah, only got one), and it looks like this:

Skin of the Vipermagi
    Wyrmhide
    Defense: 840
    Durability: 24 of 24
    Required Strength: 84
    Required Level: 57
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 49
    Fingerprint: 0x2a8744b5
    +120% Enhanced Defense
    Magic Damage Reduced by 10
    All Resistances +30
    Required Level +7
    30% Faster Cast Rate
    +1 to All Skill Levels

So you know the "new" strength and level requirement :)

One pointer on the MeteOrb that i just got the other day: first max Meteor, than Fire Ball and lastly Fire Mastery (well, you have to put some points in this asap of course), instead of first FM and then FB: since the Fire Tree does more damage it should become your main attack, throw down Meteors and pin the monsters with Fire Ball (thank you silo ;))

Did that make any sense? :confused:

7. seige

seige IncGamers Member

Thanks Sid, yes it did. I was going to go 65 str for Duriels just in case I changed my mind but think I will go 84. Well its better to be safe than sorry.
    You followed Silo's advice OMG
    Oh I'm in soooo much trouble for that :D

8. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

My sorcs always got shaftstop in HC. It looks cool and the 30% damage reduction didn't hurt.

Upgrading armours makes no sense since sorcs can never reach a defence rating that will have any real impact on survival. If you need to get hit less it's blocking or nothing.

9. Kaptain_Insano

Kaptain_Insano IncGamers Member

My vote goes to the viper. Maybe switch it for a skullders later when u r are doing MF runs. When I made my meteorb I used orb most of the time through normal and NM. Good luck with your build.
    Cheers K

10. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

I'm with NF on don't upgrade it. Your def will go from piss poor to, well, piss poor. The extra little bit of def dosen't help at all since you got no mass defence enhancing skills.

11. tigercan

tigercan IncGamers Member

I agree with fishy and NSX - don't bother wasting the runes on upgrading the skin - you shouldn't be getting hit too often anyway, and like they said, the extra 600 def really doesn't help a lot

12. Illiana

Illiana IncGamers Member

In my humble opinion, Skin of the Vipermagi is the best questing gear a Sorc could ask for, so go with that. If you intend to MF with her eventually, I'd strongly suggest upping her strength to 97. Just imagine finding a Skullders and then being unable to equip it... :D

13. Mraezk

Mraezk IncGamers Member

I've become a big fan of Frozen Armor myself. At slvl 10 (all from items at this point) It gives a 75% defensive bonus. Thats nothing to sneeze at I think, and can make upgrading some of the more useful rares/unqiues worthwhile. Although I think decent % Ormus' Robes are around the best a sorc can wear, and they're already elite anyhow, so the actual mileage may vary.

14. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Im not a big fan of Ormus' Robes myself. Sure, the damage boost is nice, but it lacks resists and FCR