Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sorc guide, her name was Pelican...

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Ragnarok-, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Ragnarok-

Ragnarok- IncGamers Member

Sorc guide, her name was Pelican...

Since I can no longer play I will post the build which I used for so long on this site.

She was a 7 fps fb sorc with no fhr.

Why no fhr? I never needed it, my cast was higher frames then the recovery, I could get out of nearly everything, and it's hard to catch someone as fast as this. You can go 8 frame fhr if you wish, or lower. Whatever suits your taste, but here is the setup:

Str: Enough str for your highest piece of gear (Maybe CTA or your lidless [58]) You can probably keep base if you have the right gear. (I kept base)

Dex: Enough for wizardspike.

Vit/Ene: You want your life and mana about the same, the ES I'm proposing will use a high amount of mana, so if you wish you can pump more into ene. Either way...~

This cahr can never be completed, the eshield completion should be around 77%, which is a base level 11 with the perfect gear (+2 sorc circ, 2 sorc/20 cast ammy, etc etc). Mine was 12 base because I used a 1/20 circlet (10/-10 facet'd though). The damage was 11-12k, 20 fb, 20 fb, 20 met, 3 in mastery. I max'd TK, which is smart IMO, but if not then you can invest more into mastery. Your choice. (My char was 93)

The gear is pretty simple, everything has to have cast. :)

Helm: Circlet, or 08 valk (stupid)
    Weapon: Wiz, or Spirit (Have to use a spirit shield though, and both have to be perfect), or HoTO (In conjunction with valk)
    Belt: Arach, 20 fcr
    Shield: Lidless, or Spirit (This allows a soj or a spirit sword, good fhr and good skills. High str req for monarch/ward though.)
    Rings: 2x fcr, or 1x fcr and a soj (Spirit)
    Boots: Whatever suits your fancy really.
    Gloves: Magefists or Trangs
    Ammy: 20 fcr ammy with w/e mods.
    Armor: Magi!!!! :)

Switch: Cta/lidless, or Cta/Spirit, Memory staff, w/e.

This sorc was great for me, it could kill any class with simplistic ease, was fast where AA couldn't hit it much, etc etc. But success is determined in the hands of the holder. Not everyone can use this to the greatest potential that it can be exploited to. There are MANY crappy 7 fps fb sorcs out there.

If you don't like this build I dont really care, it's gone b/c someone stole me so I don't care what happens anymore really. Soon I MIGHTpost a sorc that an tank A LOT more then this.

2. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

Woah rag you don't know me prolly. But you quitting D2 sucks huge. If I misread then I'll feel stupid, but you helped alot of people around here. If you need any gear to help you get restarted I'm pretty poor but I can hook you up with some stuff.

3. Ragnarok-

Nah... my time on this game's over, there's nothing left. GW's where it's at now. I appreciate the offer though, it lightens my heart to know that there are still some decent people over bnet. Oh well.

4. parkerbsb

BAH... everytime this happens "Another one bites the dust" starts playing in my head. Well I'm sure I'll see you around when DIII comes out. Peace and take care.
    PS you might see me in GW in a few months if I get too sick of D2.

5. nightaswz

nightaswz IncGamers Member

hmm im kinda undecided about 110 (or 105.. cant remember) or 200 fcr bp. Before i choose, i would like to know if 200 FCR would be able to work well with my 56k connection. Would u advise against it? I dont really want to end up double-teleing and having black walls all at once =)

6. parkerbsb

When I used to duel with a 56k I found even 115FCR troublesome. I'm on highspeed now, so not sure; but I'd bet 200fcr would make things a little more annoying for a 56k modem user. I'd stick with the lower faster cast, more damage/life route.

That being said if you do try it and it works for ya all the better :D

7. Ragnarok-

My suggestion to a dialup user is go 105 fcr, or 63 at the least. I skipped occasionally on 105 with my dialup connection but then I got highspeed. If you can work this build I highly recomend it.

8. urkel181

urkel181 IncGamers Member

j/w, what realm/l or nl was this on? Because I know someone on useast/nl with a sorc named pelican....

9. Ragnarok-

Hey Melly it's me~

Sorry if you haven't heard, Bob took my crap and ran. Oh well though... Didn't know you were registered here, hehe.. :)

10. urkel181

urkel181 IncGamers Member

well frank.. that sucks... Good luck with real life :thumbsup:

11. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

ive always wanted to build this kinda sorc, what can u tell me about the windy matchup? how do u win that?

12. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

And what does the inventory look like? what specific skill charms and others did u use? any switch gears?
    i assume that at this spd block at 75% is also not required/counter productive?

13. Woahhhahhh

Woahhhahhh IncGamers Member

I have a 200% cast rate eshield sorc too. To kill windies I spray fireball (and sometimes plant a few hydras). I have to play defensive because I was too weak to go offensive. I wait till they try to tele on me, and i tele away and namelock them. Usually they would be in the middle of casting tornado, and when i hit them a few times their shield would go away, and whe they re-tele on me i usually hit them a few times. Wind druids are not a problem for me unless they have a lot of res/life, because after the cyclone armor goes out I usually win.

So wait for their tele on you, tele away 1 click and namelock fire ball. Rinse and repeat.