Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sorc dual builds

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Ergroilnin, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Ergroilnin

Ergroilnin IncGamers Member

Okay the thread name might by kind of misleading. What I want to talk about is skills that really complement each other, not the whole omg MeteOrb so stronk, Lightning Infinity so stronk.

There are things like Glacial Spike and Firewall that nicely fit together, one freezes the monsters in place and then you melt them with FW or FO and CL, two skills that while not the strongest ones of their trees, but they are great whole screen killers and there are almost none L+C immunes.

So what are the some of the most complementing dual Sorc skills in your opinion?

2. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

I can think of one combo: Enchant and the elemental Masteries. One lets you hit better, the other makes you do more damage (in melee) with weapons with elemental damage. For example, maxed Lightning Mastery makes it possible to hit for 1-1800~ damage with nothing fancier than a Shocking weapon.

coju and pharphis like this.
  3. Exorah

Exorah IncGamers Member

Someone can do math or have experience on doing this with a Famine runeword?

4. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

Gimmershred would be a better (and much cheaper) alternative. The bonus damage will only apply in melee, not when thrown. Something like 200 physical, 400 cold, 1500 fire and 2000 lightning per swing, and that's before Enchant damage or any offweapon ED% like Fortitude. That's just off the top of my head, I could be off on the calcs but it would be massive.

5. Zenigma

Zenigma IncGamers Member

I'm a fan of Teleport + Charged Bolt; I did that a LOT on my first (and so far only) sorc mat. I would not recommend that for hc, though. It's dangerous, but oh so much fun. Just teleport on top of them, aim at the proper angle, and let loose your fury. When you have 22-24 (depending on monster size and the accuracy of your combo) bolts hitting at once, you can dish out some absurd damage. With some basic gear (lidess, occy, vmagi, a few gcs, maybe arach, and a decent ammy) you can hit some 10-15 +skills pretty easily and hit an 8-frame cast rate. if you're hitting ~400 damage per bolt, and you hit with 20 of the bolts per cast, you can do ~24k damage per second to a single target.

Charged Bolt is also my favorite sorceress spell. I'm definitely not biased.

If you have some intense gear, you can hit ~1k damage per bolt. Which can do well over 60k damage per second to a single target before you take -elr into account... say with facets, griffon's, and infinity.

One of the builds I want to make is an infinity-wielding cb sorc. But I'm too poor to make that a reality... for now...

6. Maltatai

Maltatai IncGamers Member

Ice blast is preferable to glacial spike as a complement to fire wall in my opinion, but that is also related to me playing carefully and facing as few at a time as possible.

Enchant complements just about every attack skill if it allows you to hit with something that prevent regeneration.

Hydra and every skill that chills or freezes, since the hydras have trouble hitting sometimes.

Both nova skills do well together since they are, well, rings emitting from the sorceress so the tactics remain the same with both.

7. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

Enchant + Demon Machine.