Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sorc dmg calculation question

Discussion in 'Classic' started by EagleEntek, May 6, 2008.

1. EagleEntek

EagleEntek IncGamers Member

Sorc dmg calculation question

Im going to try a novelty sorc build, but im completely unsure as to wether the dmg will be high enough or not - im going for a max Inferno or max Firewall in the skills somewhere, and i cant for the life of me work out what damage you get from putting points in the mastery (maths not my strong point).

Can someone tell me the damage i get from:
    lvl 20 inferno + 10 pts in fire mastery
    lvl 20 inferno + 20 pts in fire mastery
    lvl 20 firewall + 10 pts in fire mastery
    lvl 20 firewall + 20 pts in fire mastery

Mainly i want to see if its viable to use inferno in hell, either to finish off a static'ed monster or just as a killing skill (with tanks obviously).

Ta in advance :thumbsup:

2. EpicDevia

EpicDevia IncGamers Member

Re: Sorc dmg calculation question

pz take a look at this nice skill calculator

cheers,
    EpicDevia

3. HegemonKhan

HegemonKhan IncGamers Member

fire can kill fine, especially firewall (huge damage and it stacks with each cast.....i think, 40 sk pts only=20 firewall+20 fire mast, but causes lag). the problem is that in hell most things are fire immune, but any monster that is not immune, 1 pt static and firewall+fire mast can kill it easily, even without max pts into firewall and fire mast if u use static first to lower life.

GOOD LUCK with inferno if u decide to try it...it IS the MOST USELESS skill in the entire game. u'll see why if u try it. but hey, if u want a challenge, u'll enjoy trying to move inferno up from being at the bottom as the worst and most useless skill in the entire game.

inferno uses huge mana cost (its like having prayer aura active), needs FCR, and can be interupted......

but its fun to spin around in place with inferno, funny graphics...

4. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

If you want to experiment with Inferno, it might be better to max inferno on your chanter after you maxed the chant essentials. Since the Chant synergies are also Inferno synergies. (Warmth and fire mastery).
    With level 20 warmth, the mana use of inferno should not be that big of a problem.

5. EagleEntek

Oh well - the inferno dmg dont seem that high after all - shame i love that spell.

Firewall does look mighty impressive though - shame blaze and inferno arent so good theres something rather cool about a flamerthrower roasting infernal minions of hell :cool:

6. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Well, go go gadget enchantress !
    After you roast them a bit, you can punch them to bits. Almost as much fun as a Doom Bezerk pack.

7. Razputin

Razputin IncGamers Member

Has inferno ever been any use in any patch?

8. EagleEntek

Note on inferno skill - (while playing with skill boosting equipment so i dont waste points) - if you cast 'blaze' and run from monsters, then inferno them as they walk toward you, it does loads of damage - maybe these spells are supposed to be used together - it would make sense as they are on the same tree branch as each other in the fire section.
    Having had this thought, im now looking at a multitude of the other spells to see if certain ones are supposed to be used together - thus negating having to max out the spell and to be able to have multiple elemental attacks and so many keyboard shortcut keys you play it like a piano master...

Would make perfect sense, blizzard a group then spam nova like mad to finish off the survivors :thumbsup: