Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sorc advice

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Spook_Cell, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Sorc advice

Well I've been bored lately so while waiting to acquire some items in need for other builds I decided to make a sorc. I was thinking about a plain Orb/Meteor build but any suggestions as to builds that work are welcome. I have the gear to make pretty much any sorc.

Death's Fathom
    Nightwing's Veil
    Full Tal's
    Stormshield
    Ormus's Robes
    etc.

I was considering a pure Blizzard sorc but I would prefer a more autonanous build.

Any suggestions from the SPF would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Daniel

2. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

Its hard to kill Cold Immunes with a pure Blizzard sorc, so i suggest getting two elements ;)

Or maybe a Enchantress?

3. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

my only suggestion is that you re-consider that mete-orb sorc and go back to blizzy :lady:

well it´s the only sorc i´ve played in 1.1 so can´t give you advice about other builds.

don´t go pure cold if u don´t MP alot though :)

4. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

People really seem to like the CL/Orb sorc. This will make a good Baal runner, and maybe the pit (you'd orb the archers). I will try one of these eventually as I had a good 1.09 one who used Firewall as a backup.

5. Artea

Artea IncGamers Member

Hi Spook_Cell,

I think I can answer lots of questions since I've build a very successful Meteor/Orb sorceress who's now level 87 MFing on Mephisto in Hell.

Since you won't play her untwinked like I do in the beginning, you will have an easier time building her.

First, you must decide if you want to block or not. Personnaly, I think 75% blocking is a must on a Metero sorceress so you could stand in one place while waiting for the meteor to drop (I do this all the time against Mephisto, Hell Ancients & Bhaal).

I didn't choose to use Stormshield due to the huge str investisment (156, or 133 str with a -15% req jewel). I choose Whistan Guard for the amazing block percentage & fast block (socket with a perfect diamond for extra resists) and the lower str/dex needed to achieve max block.

Then Full Tal's Rasha is an awesome sets very well rounded with good skills/mana/life/mf and everything.

I use Waterwalk as boots for the extra dex/life and increased fire resist.

Then add a Stone of Jordan & a ring of your choice (for me Nature's Peace), Frostburn or Magefist and voila, you have a really nice package with excellent stuff.

The second thing you need is a nice merc. If you have the gear, I found that the Defensive Act II Merc raised from normal survived extremly well in Hell. Mine is equiped with Vampire Gaze/Shaftstop & Arioc Needle (for the +skills to boost it's defense in the 10K range).

I choose this merc because Tal's set coupled with a cold Armor & Defiance give a nice 4-5K defense which help your sorceress a lot.

If I could correct some minor error on my sorceress I would lower my base Static Field (5 without items, but remember I started untwink and lvl 1 static as such a poor range :)), and never invested in Energy Shield.

ES as a BIG drawback: against elemental attacker the damage is applied before resistance check so a single spells that hit you will completly empty your mana ball :(

Finally here's my own sorceress:

Matriarch Milayee: Level 87 Meteor/Orb sorceress

HP: 1144
    Mana: 904

3K defense with Shiver Armor (but no Defiance aura)
    75% Block

Resist in Hell: 80/69/75/70

20 Orb/20 Meteor/20 Fire Mastery/14 Fireball/5 Static/1 Frozen Armor/1 ES

And average 9K damage Meteor (with -15% resistance from Tal's Orb) & 420 damage Orb per shard.

Hope it helps!

Artea.

6. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

Hey, Spook. I've also got a Meteorb sorc in hell whose been my designated meph and pit runner for some time. She's okay. I think that, for my play style, I'd probably have preferred a CL/Orb sorc--they play a quicker-paced game. Meteorb is an extremely viable build, though, and she comes highly suggested.

If you're going to be MPing with her, though, I'd highly suggest the Blizzard sorc. Fully synergized, she will be absolutely untouchable (except by cold immunes).