Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

sorbers vs foh?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by gutierjm, Sep 7, 2006.

1. gutierjm

gutierjm IncGamers Member

sorbers vs foh?

i have a pretty decent foh pally that does bout 2000 on any givin char..but when they have stacked sorb on then i do like 200 on them..how do i get past all these people with sorb and continue to own?

2. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

you can't
    thing is if you are full ele char you should be prepared for sorb stack period.
    i have a bvc and i have 200 stack and in combo with tgods all i need to do is just tele on top and 3 ww. ususally fohers sacrifice def/block for more dmg
    ofc its hard to stack so much on many of the chars with no loss of fcr/dr/fhr

If you ask me its better to make v/t or mage so you have another attack to back you up in case ppl sorbed/stacked you

3. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Doing 200 damage is NOTHING vs. ABSORBERS.

Absorbers will make your attacks heal them. What you're dealing with is STACKING, which is what you get when you pull of a bunch of -resistances.

4. riath

riath IncGamers Member

I don't really see the point of this post. He obviously can't kill his opponents by doing 200 damage per hit, so the difference between 200 and 0 is negligible.

In the end, if you're playing an elemental character, you will simply have to accept that some people will negate your attacks and you won't be able to kill them. The only options are to make a character that does unabsorbable damage - physical, magical - or make a hybrid, such as the V/T suggested.

5. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

But the difference between 5 hits of each is VERY much.
    1000 damage vs. 0 damage. That's 1000 damage difference. Also the worst case (95% LR, TGod's, 2* 20% wisps) will make even a 10k FoH heal. And yes, there is a HUGE difference between doing 200 damage and between healing your opponent for 10 life each hit.

Also, 200 damage is pretty decent (You will do 425 per FoH vs. anyone with 75% LR anyways) compared to something else. Heck, BvCs consider the difference between 425 and 215 a HUGE difference (hsarus vs. tgods + resistance boots vs. 10k foh). And that's what, 210 damage difference? And BvCs have the most life in the game, along with SS druids and Windies.

There's quite a huge difference between zero damage and 200 damage:
    With 200 damage, you can still kill people. You cannot do that with zero damage, no matter how much time it takes. With 200 damage, you will at MOST take about 35 fohs (vs. 7k life with 200 damage/foh), which is about that much of seconds. Now, compare that to zero damage: You will never kill even a lvl9 character with 50 life with zero damage. See a difference?

6. mumba

mumba Banned

2000 foh damage??? Is that after the pvp penalty or is that what it says on ur character screen. If its the char screen then I suggest u get some better gear because that is very very low. A good foher should get around 8k (before the penalty in pvp).

7. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Incorrect. A GOOD Foher should have 9-10k Foh damage. And this is without a 45 all res 20/20 Jmod. If 2k damage AFTER RESISTANCES (75%) AND PVP PENALTY, that would require a nice amount of ~47k Lightning damage, so I suspect that it's an estimation of damage dealt to opponents that do not stack LR.

As I already said, you've just met someone who stacks Lightning resistances, and that's the fate of every elemental build at a time. That's why people make T/Vs, V/Ts and Mages. For the back-up skills.

8. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Pure FoH duelers in pub deserve to be negated often. I mean why do you want to make such unversatile dueler in the first place?

9. riath

riath IncGamers Member

Obviously.

Now, lets look at what I said a little more closely.
    As you'll see by actually reading what I said, my point was not actually that 0 = 200. If you read the first post in the thread, it clearly states that he needs to find a way to kill people who reduce his damage to 200. Now, if you'll bear with me, we'll use some logic. Since he needs a new approach, what he is doing now isn't working. This means he can't kill people with a 200 damage FoH. My point - and this seems to be where I lost you the first go round - was that if he can't kill people with 200 damage, the end result is exactly the same as it would be if he did 0 damage, making any discussion of why he did 200 damage and how that number could be even smaller absolutely pointless.

10. gutierjm

gutierjm IncGamers Member

well correction i do 5.4k foh dam and it ends up doing 2000 on players that arnt stacked..when they do it drops real so to the point i cant really touch them. so yea thats my issue. guess im making a hdin..

11. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

That's really low for a PvP fohadin. You will do 2k damage to your opponent ASSUMING your opponent has -100 LR, which is unlikely.

As for the 200 damage, with your damage, that's easy even with plain 75% LR (230 damage/foh there).

You should really try getting lots and lots more of Foh damage to be decent. Shoot for 8-10k damage, as you should not depend on your opponent always having -100% LR, as most likely they will not.

Also, if I'm not totally off my charts, "stacked" would mean to have resistances stacked OVER 75%, which is not your case. In your case, you assume that your opponent has -100% LR, thus doubling your damage, foolish. With this logic a 10k foher would do 3400 damage, which they do not do.

Because some people recommend Foher for pubs for "not many people having stacked resistances anyways" or something similar.

12. blobswannabe

blobswannabe IncGamers Member

party with a fb sorc and watch them get 1 hitted. Although i find it absurd that someone would make a char as boring as pure foh.

13. Romper Stomper

Romper Stomper Banned

Make a mage.. 1/2 to 2/3 the FOH damage, but with 9k hammers. Duh.