Sophos Anti-virus

mince pies

Diabloii.Net Member
Sophos Anti-virus

I've just done a virus scan on Sophos Anti-virus and there are six items that have been passed to the Quarantine, however, when I select all of them, it won't let me click on "Perform action". Does anyone here have Sophos and know why this is? All help is much appreciated :)

mince pies

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Sophos Anti-virus

Also, under Available actions it says; "insufficient rights, please contact your administrator"

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Are you logged into your machine with admin rights? If no, do so.

Holysinner

Diabloii.Net Member

You can check whether your current user account is an Administrator by going to Control Panel->User Accounts.

Even if the current account is not an admin, you can run a program as an admin (if you know the Administrator account password) by right-clicking the application shortcut and selecting "Run As...", then select Administrator.

In Vista you may get the User Account Control dialog; if you are running Vista, you may want to do the Run As Administrator even if the current account is a member of the Administrators group, because it does run with elevated privileges over admin group members.

s4nder

Diabloii.Net Member

Try one of the free antiviruses like AVG, Avast or Avira. I like Avira the best but they're all decent. Be sure to uninstall Sophos first or there will be conflicts.

Steel_Avatar

Diabloii.Net Member

My university offered Sophos to students free. I installed it, but ditched it a week later because I was really unimpressed with it. I second the suggestion to pick up another antivirus program.

I'm using Kaspersky at the moment. There's an interesting thing where the trial version of their complete set (firewall and AV) never runs out.