Sommoning Necro Questions.

Dark Omega

Diabloii.Net Member
Sommoning Necro Questions.

I've been Currently making a sommoning necro, And have been faced with A all consuming problem, how do I get past Diablo with him? My brother tried to do the same and was promptly crushed, His skeletons where simply no match, I sat and watched as he used his Red Lightning to cut through the skels like butter. Currently I am Level 9. I have a wand that give 3 to SS, 2 SM, and 3 to Bone armor, and a preserved head that gives 3 to SS, and 2 to SM, thats 10 free levels I figure already, Plus the points that I've put in them, just exactly how powerful do these guys need to be to get past diablo? Also I was wandering, how much does a skel do if he has a level 30 might aura backing him?

MrNuby

Diabloii.Net Member
Dark Omega said:
I've been Currently making a sommoning necro, And have been faced with A all consuming problem, how do I get past Diablo with him? My brother tried to do the same and was promptly crushed, His skeletons where simply no match, I sat and watched as he used his Red Lightning to cut through the skels like butter. Currently I am Level 9. I have a wand that give 3 to SS, 2 SM, and 3 to Bone armor, and a preserved head that gives 3 to SS, and 2 to SM, thats 10 free levels I figure already, Plus the points that I've put in them, just exactly how powerful do these guys need to be to get past diablo? Also I was wandering, how much does a skel do if he has a level 30 might aura backing him?
at lvl24 get Summon Resist and Decrepify and Diablo won't be a problem.

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
Norm Diablo is the most difficult act boss --- hell Diablo is MUCH easier (as in "no problem").

There is no lvl 30 Might aura, at least not from a merc: a lvl 98 merc has a lvl 20 Might aura, and you can get +8 from gear (+4 Ariocs Needle, +2 Helmet, +2 Armor).

In any case, with a decent number of +skills, things will be the other way 'round in hell: my skellies cut through Diablo like a lightsabre through droids...

BloodyClaws

Diabloii.Net Member
MrNuby said:
at lvl24 get Summon Resist and Decrepify and Diablo won't be a problem.
I agree summon resist (especially in hell dificulty) and Decrepify(for act bosses) helps out a lot.

I would also recommend getting clay golem for its slowing speed, if you do not have him.

Optional:
(If you are going into skeleton mages an ice mage can help slow him down even more(all you need is one ice mage in your party to benefit)).

MrNuby

Diabloii.Net Member
If your merc is lvl29 or higher you could always give him a rattlecage for 25% Crushing Blow.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
MrNuby said:
If your merc is lvl29 or higher you could always give him a rattlecage for 25% Crushing Blow.
At level 25 he can equip a Strength weapon with 25% CB.