Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Somewhat O/T --> HF Rushes!!!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Aerwynd, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Aerwynd

Aerwynd IncGamers Member

Somewhat O/T --> HF Rushes!!!

I will now be able to do HF rushes!!! I have set up another comp at home!!! Although it's not as good as my first comp; I just wanted to get one put together so I could HF rush :laugh:

Of course I had to go out and get another copy of D2X, but what's $20 and MULTIPLE hours to get HRs :grin:

I tested out the connection and everything is good to go, now I just have to find time to do the rushes (if my wife allows me to :undecided:)

I will set aside Saturdays to do this and I will post a screenie of all HRs (Mal and greater) I figure it will take about an hour, probably more until I can find Full Tal's, to do one character (will be using my Meteorb; YAY Teleport!!!) so hopefully I will get about 10 chars finished per Saturday... That means 10 HRs (hopefully) and 10 MRs (NM HF) plus anything that drops on the way so it sounds like it's worth it to me, agree?

I'm so excited!!! Wish me luck!!! Let's hope I get a lot of Guls!!!

Aerwynd

2. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

With this recent spate of HF rushing, I think I may need to dust off ye olde' laptop and jump on the bandwagon before everyone beats me to that Infinity...... oh wait, that runeword is dirty...

Real money for runes? Ist craazeeey!

I hope Gul have a good time!

3. Aerwynd

Aerwynd IncGamers Member

LoL --> I didn't pay real money for runes... I paid real money for a second copy of the Game :grin: This way I can have two games of D2X up and when I get bored with one char (or get stuck and don't want to Save and Exit), I can have the other comp up and work on another char :laugh:

I'm just sick of gathering low runes and want that Vex or Ohm (Even if I have to cube them up)... Besides, I plan on making an Avenger and NEED that Vex and Ohm for Exile :evil:

4. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

I was wondering.

Is it possible to MP with yourself on just 1 computer?

I mean, I own 3 copies of D2:LOD. I can run all 3 on my computer at the same time and can log them all into b.net at the same time.

But can I TCP/IP with myself in SP?

Just wondering, and thank you in advance! Also, my apologies if this infringes on forum rules.

-hps

5. Aerwynd

Aerwynd IncGamers Member

I don't think so...

The only way I can think of (and I don't know if it works) is if you set up two LAN cards on your computer and run a cable from one through a hub and back into the other...

But there again, you would still have the same IP address... So I don't think you can TCP/IP with the same computer... But maybe someone else knows something I don't...

6. mtzang

mtzang IncGamers Member

Yes you can run multiple instances of D2 and have them all join the same game (have a character in one of the instances host).

To run multiple instances of D2, you can either use fast user switching (win xp) or by running a modified copy of gfx.dll.

7. XDoomasX

XDoomasX IncGamers Member

yep you can play with yourself:grin:
    Through tcp/ip you can either use fast user switching on windows xp or use..:cought: loader: cought: in order to launch several instances of d2.

edit: pawned

8. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

I have done it though the modified gfx.dll.

So if I have one of them host a game how do I get the other 2 to join? just use my own IP address?

Please note: I'm at school, not at home. So I have to ask rather then try.

-hps

9. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

ahrm, Today I ran 8 (yes, eigth) instances of diablo 2 :LOD on this comp only, with the modified dfgx.dll or whatever the name is, makes it possible to open as many d2's a s you like (ie. you dont get the "only one application of d2:lod may run at once")
    I also own 2 copies of lod, but thats not necessary :)
    I just got 6 barbs and a sorc to act 2 :grin:

It lags a bit though, if you plan to do it on one comp. make sure its a good one :) not a 256 ram laptop :grin:

10. Llathias

Llathias Banned

That way, you can rush 7 characters at once! Ain't that sweet?

By the way, does one need a second copy of D2 to play self TCP/IP? If so, is this need a technical one, a legal one or a moral one?

edit: guess zarfen pwned me hard :undecided:

11. mtzang

mtzang IncGamers Member

Before creating a game, check your IP ingame, most likely to be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.X.X.

Have the rest of the instances join this IP.

12. Delreich

Delreich IncGamers Member

A simpler way is to use localhost. That is, instead of looking up your IP, you type in either "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" (without quotes, of course).
    Should work at least for windows, most likely for other systems as well.

13. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

you ip is stated on the screen where you join/host a game, and since you are "joining yourself" you can just type in the ip on the joinbar

14. Black Rat

Black Rat IncGamers Member

ive got a quick question about hellforge rushing....... ive got 2 copies of d2 and 2 comps that my roomate and i use to play..... when rushing to the hellforge, i cant seem to be able to get a character that is below lvl 25 through the ancients....... is there anyway to get around this level restriction?

15. Aerwynd

Aerwynd IncGamers Member

Yes --> You can reinstall d2 (backup your chars somewhere else...) but don't install LOD...

Then rush all to Hell Act III (IIRC)... When you have however many chars you want to HF Rush, install LOD again, and complete the HF quest :grin:

Anywho... I didn't think about the fast user switching... DUH!!!

This way I could do 8 players at a time --> More runes for LESS time...

Does anyone know the difference in time? Because if it takes 2 hrs to do 8 players, and 1 hr to do 1 player, I'd rather just spend the extra hour to do 7 more players...

Then, I can switch over to the next computer (which would be already set up) and do it all over again :laugh:

Instead of doing 10 chars in one day (1hr each), I could do what, 40 (2 hrs for 8 would be 10 hrs)? That sounds A LOT better...

Thx for the info...

Aerwynd

16. FrostBurn

Telephone: *ring ring*

Aerwynd: *picks up receiver* Hello?

Taxman: Hello Mr. Aerwynd. We understand that you have recently come into a large supply of runes. Are you able to verify that sir?

Aerwynd: Er, erm, I'm not sure what you are talking about...

Taxman: I would like to refer you to the following conversation, records of which we have:
    Aerwynd: :nervous: :worry:

Taxman: *cah-ching* :greedy: :devil:

17. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

I've considering selling my soul too. Those toys are just so pretty. That HF rushes includes a lot of boring work definitely puts me off atm though.

18. Aerwynd

Aerwynd IncGamers Member

??? Did you even get what I was saying? For ~10hrs of work, would you rather have 40 chars make it to the HF or just 10 chars? *EDIT* I guess I did kinda mess it up though --> I said LESS time... When in all actuality it would be roughly the SAME time...

And if you are implying anything... Well, that's your opinion...

If I've totally screwed up what you were trying to say, then plz explain better :thumbsup:

Yes, true, but... there is a point... I would like to earn those UBER RWs that hardly anyone has in SP (well no one claims they have them anyway...)

Aerwynd...

19. FrostBurn

Yeah, it's called a joke.

Sorry if you didn't see the humour in it.

20. Aerwynd

Aerwynd IncGamers Member

K, just checking :grin: Sorry!!! I saw the humor, but I don't know you that well, so I don't know your demeanor yet... Forgive the weak-humored!!!

Sorry, I get a little defensive sometimes... Partly why I wanted to use War Cry with my Frenzy Barb... But that's another story...

Aerwynd