Sometimes I wonder...

Furyan

Diabloii.Net Member
Sometimes I wonder...

...If some games are cursed. Proof of this is my epic quest of ubering...

I'm burning all my keysets before the reset, doing ubers after ubers with my Zealot. Works perfectly every single time, with a few good torches as a result, and zero deaths. But this time was different...so different...

I make the a hell game and perm it, as usual. I open the fist portal, being Lilith. I like running Lilith, since it adds some challenge to the normally easy-as-pie ubers. So I go in there, enter the first room and bang, there she is...surrounded by a billion succubi in which 2 uniques with as combined mods fanaticism, might, extra strong, extra fast, LE, CE and mana burn :doh: No probs, I turn around and run away, luring them one by one. This way I slaughter them after a run-and-hide game of 15 minutes, Lilith herself being no problem once the others are dead.

I open the 2nd portal, leading to Duriel. I enter and slaughter him, no problem.

Then I open my least favourite one, being Izzy and his IM friends. I enter, hoping I won't have knights, but that's a no of course. I usually slaugther them with my Windforce, but there's too many of 'em this time.

I exit, bring my Windy and go in. If you wonder why I do Izzy with a Windy: this usually goes very smooth, and he has no problems with IM. Takes about 45 seconds for him to slaughter Izzy. So I go in and start teleporting, 3 meters, bang, IM, merc dead. Resurrect, 5 meters, bang IM, merc dead. After a grand total of 6 revives I get to Izzy, at which the trouble begins. He's in a spot in the middle of a web of ways, with IM knights in every direction :rant: I teleport to a few, at which Izzy tele stomps me. The 25 minutes after that consist of a game of run-teleport-tornado-revive merc-tele stomp-IM-tornado and so on, and by the time I get him down, I revived my merc 17 times (good thing my BO barb in the game had a lot of gold), leaving me with no IM knights left. I can tell you that at a certain point I felt like throwing my laptop out of the window because of IM. But hey, Izzy was dead.

Anyway, I got the organs, so I bring in my Zealot and open UT. I enter, lure Meph, who gets stuck in the house. Goddamned, what an AI those Prime Evils have. I run around, lure Diablo, at which the game starts lagging and drops. I reenter, go in again and run to Diablo, at which the game lags again. This time it doesn't drop, but leaves me with the text "You have died" on my screen with all 3 Prime Evils around my corpse when the lag ceases :banghead:

After 5 more minutes and 3 drops, I take 'em down as usual and fetch the torch. This better be a good one, I suffered too hard to get it. I ID it and guess what... I get this.

Seriously, some games are cursed, and I'm not talking about IM... :whistling:

Jednowlosy

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Sometimes I wonder...

omg you got the fail torch :propeller:

what can I say mate.. try lammerdin next time, he eats 200 oblivions while eating lunch, step dancing and singing Mongolian songs in the same time.

Alternatively, take the weapon off the merc when you're near oblivions. Easy trick, IM-proof merc.

Dont forget that Izzy chases you so just go back a little, let him teleport after you and drag him away from the monsters for an easy kill ^^

mixritpitlik

Diabloii.Net Member

I thought i had some bad games, but this one obliterates them all. I never good a really good torch, but at least i got torches people want :p

Good luck with the rest of your keysets :)

Alecz

Diabloii.Net Member

You didn't get from the first part did you?

When you saw Lilith's situation you should have known that the game was trying to tell you something... "not worth it this time"

As for IM... well non-melee char seems the best, but there is a small trick someone on the forum, pointed out. If you go close to the OK's they will NOT cast IM on you but decrep. Problem is if there are like 1 dozen OK's (happened to me before), they will spread out so the one far away might cast IM. That's when you need a team in there, 2-3 strong melee chars.

The lag... well Meph causes lag when he makes skeletons (I assume you didn't have a torch on your zealer).

I sort of wasted most of the last couple days on ladder just ubering with ridiculously cheap setups. As of right now I got 5 keyset with Hkeys missing (i think they'll go for Dkeys soon)

Still, pretty unlucky rolls, it happens, thats why ppl make hdins... :scratchchin:

Furyan

Diabloii.Net Member

Well I hate Hammerdins, and I refuse to make one. My Windy is just as powerful and efficient anyway. And yes indeed, I know about the decrep trick, but there were like 30 knights is a perimeter of 15 meters, so it wasn't much use :whistling:

This is actually the first time a game fails like this, never had it this bad before :jig:

When you saw Lilith's situation you should have known that the game was trying to tell you something... "not worth it this time"
Haha yeah, there's something to that :grin:

But after all it was a nice challenge to overcome. But man, this day has made me hate IM even more than I hated it already :crazyeyes:

Alecz

Diabloii.Net Member

I agree with you on the hdin builds; they are for the poor players cause there is no challenge or variation. Gear / skills, tactic... all set in stone, there is no better way to do it then the obvious way. Where's the challenge in that?

Furyan

Diabloii.Net Member

I agree with you on the hdin builds; they are for the poor players cause there is no challenge or variation. Gear / skills, tactic... all set in stone, there is no better way to do it then the obvious way. Where's the challenge in that?
Agreed! :thumbup: That's exactly why I run most with my Windy instead. I was about to make a Kicksin for Ubers to replace my Zealot when the reset kicked in :fire: