Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

something wrong with ik players 6-8

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Superhal, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

something wrong with ik players 6-8

The ik set doesn't perform nearly as well in large groups. the current setup i have adds @200 ar, 9% LL, and 5% ML to the base ik stats.

while it is still successful in killing me in one shot with iron maiden, there appears to be several problems, as i see it:

1. defense is way too low. i'm getting hit far too often.
    2. anytime i can't use ww, i'm in deep doodoo (iron maiden, phys immunes, mana burn packs.)
    3. elemental attacks are tearing me up, especally, for some reason, poison. i seem to die the most often when i am poisoned.
    4. conc and zerk don't do enough damage.

perhaps i need to play more carefully, not sure. if anybody else is successful in full baal runs in hell, let me know.

2. royalsego

royalsego IncGamers Member

can't expect a set to be too good, if it was... then we wont need botds and other godly items

3. Shadow_Hide

Shadow_Hide IncGamers Member

Hi I'm also workin on my IK barb, Iron type. I also woite something about IK Barb b4, so far, I reckon Iron is the best build for a IK barb with the whole set IK armor has around 1300 defence and u can also recive AR from Shout iron skin, concentrate. so defence should be a problem and resistance IK set offer over 80% resistance to all elements (fire resistance 119%) so just 1 point into nat resis and let gear do the rest and it should solve the resistance. and phys immunes, u deal with then when u get the whole set, Ik Maul offer elemental and magical damage, rest like iron maiden,mana burn packs. u just have to run or let ur party member take care of them.And damage. well in 1.10 overall melee damage is no match against spells , specally barbs. at last about Hell Baal run I haven't up to there yet but I let u know if I did, hope this helped and if u playing on US west, maybe we can fight together sometime. :lol:

4. AzulAzul

AzulAzul IncGamers Member

well i have an IK barb, of course i agree with royalsego, its a set barb, theres better items for a berb than IK, but i had all set so i did one.

i dont have your problems, ar is good for me, i do 82% in baal hell, my resists are all 75, poison is not bad for me, i get poison for abaut 10, 20 seconds and then dissapeared.

i have 8500 defense, only maybe between 10 and 20% of beeing hit, not bad for a guy without shield.
    i dont have ww, i have 20 points on concentrate and 1 point on berserk, my concentarte does 5200 damage, the berserk is a little better , like 5600 or 5800 damage.

i dont have any problem, i kill almost everything, maybe some monsters take me more time to kill, but they die, with 8 players of course is a little bit more dificult, but i kill anyway.

i thought that IK barb was, well wasnt good, but im surprised with him, hes a good battle guy.

greetings

5. Wargasm

Wargasm IncGamers Member

While I'm not playing a true IK barb, I'm not suffering at all in hell. My polebarb uses everything but the Maul, and use a 35% mf ammy, a 26% nagel, and a 26% mf ring (no second mod).

Mind you, I have a crapload of nat res.

This character also uses a 2 socket Tomb Reaver, so his res is actually kinda high, but nonetheless, he labels anything he likes in pvm, and can whirl thru everything except IM, and only lack the elly dam of the maul, but with the boosted Berserk (lvl 6, from Ik set bonuses), he doesn't suffer against PI, and bash takes care of the mana burners.
    If I ever get my skullders up'd, he'll be wearing that, and I'll test an actual Ik barb, but I honestly don't see having any problems, since I'll be using leap attack.

Hehe.