Something I thought was interesting..

Booner

Diabloii.Net Member
Something I thought was interesting..

Hey all!! I've just recently gotten back into Diablo 2 after the new patch was released. I'm very excited for Diablo 3 to be announced (hopefully :yes:). Anyways, I was snooping around the old Diablo 2 website and found something that could be related to the mysterious new Blizzard site pic:

As you can see, the wallpaper was made in 2003, about the about time that Blizz shut down Blizz North and started work on the new project. Could this be a hint about the new story line of D3? Is it going to take place in a frozen wasteland? I could be nothing, and I maybe I'm just a little too excited for D3, but it just seems weird that if Blizzard's mysterious pic was related to WotLK, they'd put a WoW logo on it or something. Anyways, I was just speculating... :scratchchin:

Kiroptus

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Something I thought was interesting..

Yeah I thought about that as well. I have seen that Wallpaper and whenever "Frozen" and "Diablo" combines I think about that.

Still I guess I will play on the pessimist side here, I really do think its about WotLK. Probably a close up on the magical ice block where the lich king's armor was held. Even the central glow inside reminds me of that. And the way certain lines of the ice are drawn reminds me of the Wacraft style.

*sigh* Its sad but I think WWI might come without any D3 announcement.

Akse

Banned

I don't know what is the thing they would announce about WotLK in this way? Almost everything of the game has been released in the webpage already. (deathknights, new monsters, areas, videos etc) If it's about release date or something well buhuu what a dissappointment, who cares when it comes. It is late anyways.

Elly

Administrator

I don't know what is the thing they would announce about WotLK in this way? Almost everything of the game has been released in the webpage already. (deathknights, new monsters, areas, videos etc) If it's about release date or something well buhuu what a dissappointment, who cares when it comes. It is late anyways.
Yeah, my thoughts too and to hold a press conference? They've only ever been for announcements, not additional information about an announced project.

Akse

Banned

Yeah and they already made the huge announcement about WotLK in was it blizzcon or last WWI? (last WWI was about sc2?)

Elly

Administrator

Yep. Blizzcon for Lich King and WWI for SC2, both in 2007.