Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Something a little different.

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Glorft, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Glorft

Glorft IncGamers Member

Something a little different.

I watched and read both of Happy's and Arb's guides carefully and spoke with them and i have an idea. They both run hybrids quite different from each other . Why not combine those 2 hybrids into 1 and make lets say the WW/Talon/Fully synergised WoF hybrid? She would achieve 65 cast when dueling melee and 102 in caster mode . Have max DR in melee with a 9 frame trap and max resists stacked like 40 in caster mode and still achieve 9 frame trap . I have my own set of items that i would use but i still need some time because testing must be done . If I achieve some success id post info here . I have a good vision in my head how it should look but im a bit confused and need some time . Any one have ideas ur welcome to post here

2. tsangd

tsangd IncGamers Member

I think its viable. If you make some minor adjustments to Happy's guide, your objectives listed above can be achieved. If you take Happy's build, use 2 runic/greater talons instead, add 1 pt to dtalon, socket the helm (COA or 2/20 in his case) with a 15% IAS jewel, I believe you can achieve both 9 frame trap laying and a 7/3 kick bp. WIth plus skills from items, you should be able to achieve a 3-kick sequence with dragon talon. With that setup, 65 fcr bp, good DR, 48FHR bp(with charms) is still achieved. By following both the assassin guru's guides, further gear adjustments could be made to achieve the 102 bp and 174bp. With happys setup, I believe you can fully make a complete gear change to Arb's setup (except for the max block with StormShield in melee mode, but that's why you have WW). As for the which traps are better suited for this build (lighting vs. fire), I'm still pondering. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I guess that depends on the player? I'll look more into it once I fully read Arb's guide.

3. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

Hey.

I admire what you're trying to do. I myself spent at least 2 weeks trying to come up with an effective Triple Hybrid setup, but after testing I just found that it was a WW / Trap sin with crap Kicks which were never used :shocked:

That extremely brief guide I posted was just an outline of how things are going to shape up, and I wanted some input on different setups I should try.

I'm currently in the process of trying Silence PB's, Last Wish PB's, Doom BA's etc out to see if they will improve the kicking section at all.

I'm also aiming towards 9.6k LS when fully completed with all gear.

If you do want to try the triple hybrid then I would suggest WoF over LS, as it is easier to get "decent" damage with WoF. I still found WoF damage to be a little low to be good vs any melee, but there is nothing that can be done about that. With the inclusion of WW I wouldn't have to rely upon traps vs melee.

I will post a couple of ideas I had to the triple hybrid and let me know if you can expand upon them to get them to work.

Chaos / Storm vs melee (65% FCR)
    Optional Weapon / Spirit vs casters (102% FCR)
    Running Fade at all times - Enough res, PDR etc
    Mix of GC's depending upon which setup you need
    9 Frame traps, 7/3 Kicks and 4 Frame WW in all setups

Looking retrospectively this may actually be possible. I'm going to run some more tests with my current Kick / LS sin and see if I can convert her to a triple use Sin.

I'll reply to your PM now, might take a while as I'm lagging so bad even on the net. :thumbsup:

4. tsangd

tsangd IncGamers Member

The only issue I have is with the 102% FCR setup. I actually tried that with my asn a while ago, and felt that with fade running at all times, I had to make too many gear sacrifices to achieve the IAS for 9 frame trap laying and 7/3 kicks. Since the good kicking weapons (fleshripper, wizspike, dweb) dont have a WSN of -30, more IAS was needed. I ended up just using BOS with stacked resists (kiras, wizspike) against casters. Maybe I'm missing something? Any further input is appreciated.

5. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

Fury Runics, better than Flrshripper since they can have skills on.

Silence PB - 75% All res with 2 Skills and a -30 Base, shame it doesnt have any FCR, but using this as the main weapon nets you some nice res with a 102% FCR Setup

DWeb is a little over-rated for a kicker weapon in my opinion. Yes it is extremely good, but on a hybrid as you say you have to make too many sacrifices.

Malice is a very cheap option for OW DFing...

Last Wish PB Looks like its going to be a good choice (testing soon on my kicker), for the LT and CB vs Barbs. Going to have to test this one though.

Wizzy can actually be used by some setups. 63% or 68% Ias is needed IIRC - Shael it, 2 IAS Jewels in the Circ and whack on a HighLords or Cats eye. Allows other gear changes, such as potential Wizzy / Storm setup while still maintaining 102% FCR.

I think those are the best options, at least in my opinion.

6. Glorft

Glorft IncGamers Member

Ok ... Shes currently lvl 90. Using a 1k WoF . 75 % block with SS - Chaos runics .. Catching all needed bps and i think its a failure... Dont have any probs with Sorcs , Smite palas , Hammers - but on the other hand have a lot of problems with BvCs , good pure ww *** with oly 1 point in wof and sentry using enigma.. I dont think it was worth it ... Im not satisfied with her - Ill stick with my ww/ls hybrid or make a WW/kick one ...