Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

someone tried to steal my hellforge! >:(

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by muteownz, Mar 22, 2004.

1. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

someone tried to steal my hellforge! :mad:

i was in an act1 hell game. doing quests this pally and zon and a few others enter. lvl 90 pallys he helped with quests.. no one asked for his help he just did. this zon just kept dying and dying. matter of fact i dont know how she even got to act 4 cus she died so much. but we were in the chaos killin the dudes before diablo and the quest thing kept popping up. and it said destroy stone and that zon was in the river... i was like wtf! and i left. i dont know why anyone would do that... more people in the game doesnt mean better drops. at least i dont think. its just wrong to try and steal that. most people make chars JUST for that. i'm kinda poor i need a good rune or 2 :) i've rushed many times for free. i thought the pally was being nice. but of course i cant expect that on bnet. matter of fact i dont think he said one thing the hole time in that game.. it was like a whole big set up. sometimes he would just stop for like a minute or 2. probably talking to that zon. u ready!? u ready!? well that ends my ranting. enjoy. comment.

- joe

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

The same thing happened to the guy in this thread, like I said in there, be CAREFUL out there.

http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=153990

3. Uriah_Heep

Uriah_Heep IncGamers Member

This is the next kiddie trick along with leaving party and killing the boss during questing,hostiling low lvl chars and killing them,tping during Ancients and so on.

4. Gheeds Army

Gheeds Army IncGamers Member

this has been on my mind alot. my lvl 77 sorc is used for dueling and i haven't gotten around to the forget yet. now what if i joined a game and the quest not being done is completed by 2 guys who run and do it fast. would i get quest in act 1? and the only thing good aboutmore people in the game with helforge is more gems, but still only 1 rune.

5. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Unless you are in act 4 AND partied with the people doing the quest you will NOT complete the quest ie. you will be able to complete the quest and get your rune when you complete it yourself. The simple piece of advice is to NEVER do your hellforge quest with anyone else because 1) the hellforge only drops one rune per party and 2) someone will most likely steal it.

6. krmetal

krmetal IncGamers Member

I was robbed a different way. We did quest 2 in act 4 and were working our way to the river wp. One player in the party sidetracked to the forge and did it while the rest of us went toward wp. When he did the forge, my quest deal gave me credit and I lost my chance to do forge. :rant: If anyone heads for forge and your not wanting to do it or havent done it yet, leave the party or have them leave it. But even thats not best. I was with a friend that was doing the quest in a party and this one player left the party saying he didnt want to do quest yet. But he hung with us. When the forge dropped, quess who took the goodies!!! The guy that wasnt partied with us, and he made some comment and left.

7. PhsycoTimmay

PhsycoTimmay IncGamers Member

I always do my forge on my own, or with a really good friend, and like most of you said, if someone is about to do it without you, or without you knowing, I would just leave the game, not risk it.

8. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

Just do the Forge quest as soon as you get to act 4 on your own...your level is no factor in which runes you get.

9. Hoyunah

Hoyunah IncGamers Member

Yea you should really do Hellforge by yourself or with some close friends. Probably 80% of those will rush for forge drops are scams

10. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Someone tried to steal my hellforge. But it was heavy so they didn't get too far before I shot them.

11. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

yeah even my titan in 09 had trouble lifting the whole thing, hephasto and all.

12. muteownz

yup thats what i always do. i just wanted to get diablo out of the way while that pally was helping. even before it happend i checked to see if he went south from the river wp. he went up so i figured wee lets go kill d. i do my forge alone. i make a game. diddle around for 5 mins. bring my hammerdin clear the river in a bout ehh i dunno depends if i go the right way. kill heph then bring back my char and pick up hammer and get quest. i got pul btw. i was sad. i've got ist 3 times before. :)

i've only got rushed once for my helforge in nm. gladly the guy actually went all the way after he got UM! rune. i was so mad. not to mention i stayed even tho the soj counter started going up fast. that sucked.

13. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

I rushed someone once through hell for their hellforge. I opened the tp to a clear hellforge and hammer and he walked up to the forge and put stone in. In the process of him swinging the hammer I noticed my inventory was full. While grabbing and dropping a flawless gem from my inventory, the gems started falling from the forge. I ALSO noticed that he hadn't moved; that he was poised to take whatever rune was about to drop. In the process of frantically closing my inventory and pressing Alt I missed an IST!

Me: ...
    Me: What's the deal?

*moment*

Him: The deal is, get faster hands
    Him: ^_^
    KidThatHasMuchToLearn has left our world. Diablo's minions grow weaker.

Dont ever rush *White-Rose for his forge, lol.

Btw I had just started rushing for hellforge because I needed the runes desperately, and that was my second rush. Talk about discouraging.

14. zanex

zanex IncGamers Member

You have to be VERY carefully when it comes to the Hellforge Quest, since rune-robbing seems to be the new trend in the realms. As it says above, always do the quest alone, or with very good friends.

15. Leto`

Leto` IncGamers Member

When I am in act4 hell for the first time with a char I never play on ffa games. In fact I do all the quests with the same friend first, including the hellforge (one of us leaving party of course) and doing it twice (it happened twice that ist drops first, for friend, and then hel or damn lum for me of course). So that will never to me, if i play act4 in ffa I already did all the quests.

16. muteownz

this is why i do not rush for fordge. that and if i DO happen to help for free. i get people that put me on their friends list. BUT only talk to their friends and not me. i'm not offended by not being talk to its just they never shut up! at least till they want something from me. u got this. u got that? can you do more for me! i've given up on free help.

17. Inu

Inu Banned

When I make new characters I always join an "act 4" game on normal and NM ( Checking game list with normal/NM char ) and teleport ( I've made about 20 HC Sorces above level 76 in 1.1 ( When I build perfect I find new item and have to remake to save 1 or 2 stat points :p )) down to the Forge, kill the units and put the stone on the forge. I wait til the game is full ( 6-8 people :p ) hit 2 times, ally up and hit the third time. Collect my 30+ gems and roll tons of great charms.

Yep, it's not fair. Yep, it's wrong. Yep, it's fun hearing things like "OMG 90 Sorc **** n00b!!" etc. Sometimes I meet some people in those games who don't insult me. Those people I usually give Oculuses, elite uniques etc which I found in some previous runs which I don't save... Kinda fun to check if people have good personalities or not.

Yep I be an ***.

18. Gorny

Gorny Banned

NO wonder ! I saw Usufruct limping in game on Sunday night!

(I figured it would only be a matter of time till someone came up with a line like that!)

19. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

While you were loading, I took your Zod.

20. Gorny

Gorny Banned

While you were gloating over his Zod, I stole your Prized Clammy Charm of Windforce.