Someone help me change my mind

SiNMaN

Diabloii.Net Member
Someone help me change my mind

Alright I remember when i got D2 the first day it was out. I chose the Necro and never played any class after that. So 5 years of Necro gameplay with tons of diffrent builds.

Yet not one of those builds ever had any summons. I like to be the main Artillery and a 1 man crew. Having an army running around me is not to my liking.

So can anyone give me some incentive into going into the summoning tree, cause i sure as hell cant find one.

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
You've been playing the same class for five years and have never put a point into one of its trees? That leaves you with like three manageable builds in 1.10.

Have you seen what a clay golem combined with decrepify does to bosses?

Have you stood back and watched your skeletons tank an entire herd of hell cows so you can poison and corpse explode at your leisure?

Not to mention the damage potential of 14-16 skeletons all cranked up with Beast, Infinity, and a Might Merc.

Edit: And for cryin' out loud, try another class. Every class in the game is like a whole new gaming experience in and of itself.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Pherdnut said:
You've been playing the same class for five years and have never put a point into one of its trees? That leaves you with like three manageable builds in 1.10.
Dentist, Bonemancer, Poisonmancer, Daggermancer, Bone/Poison-hybrid, Meleemancer with various different kinds of weaponry, Melee powered Bonemancer and Melee powered Jack-of-all-Trades and maybe an Infernomancer. Those are all the builds I can think of that could finish Hell.

But you are right about the summon tree. Its skills open up such a wide variety of builds the mind has difficulty grasping them all.

Pherdnut said:
Edit: And for cryin' out loud, try another class. Every class in the game is like a whole new gaming experience in and of itself.
That guy might be on to something. How many other classes do you really enjoy? I like the Necro and the Assassin. I can stand to play a Druid once in a while. When I do play the other two classes I play like just one build.

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
Pherdnut said:
Huh? There are other classes?

...By the way...who are those funny lookin imposters standing behind my necro's campfire every time I make a new character. A bug perhaps?

SiNMaN said:
So can anyone give me some incentive into going into the summoning tree, cause i sure as hell cant find one.
You can cackle aloud in your socks and underwear proclaiming "Hell hath no fury like my minions of the undead!!!" and mean it.

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
I prefer cackling and screaming, "Get them, my pretties!"

OT: I don't know why my girlfriend keeps calling me a dork.

Paladins bore the piss out of me, I must admit. Most paladin builds use the same skill over and over again. I haven't really given Amazons a fair shake, but I've already played Gauntlet and it's hard to go back. I keep thinking, "Red Valkyrie, is about to die" whenever I see them.

yelopen

Diabloii.Net Member
summoners are fun to play, easy to build, and you don't need alot of expensive equipment to make it past the game

but if you want to make a really good one, its harder cuz you need beast

pbrdrinker

Diabloii.Net Member
SiNMaN said:
Alright I remember when i got D2 the first day it was out. I chose the Necro and never played any class after that. So 5 years of Necro gameplay with tons of diffrent builds.

Yet not one of those builds ever had any summons. I like to be the main Artillery and a 1 man crew. Having an army running around me is not to my liking.

okay to be fair my first char was a necro and is still probably m favorite. though assasin KICKS ARSE. truth is summoners are just plain fun. few skelys some mages... and never underestimate an IG made frome the right item. couple this with BS and CE and you wlk over nearly everything in your path. besides its a necromancer. it raises people from the dead. thats what they do.

leddan

Diabloii.Net Member
Think of it as being a boss at a job. You're supporting your workers (with curses) & guiding them to do whatever work you want them to take care of by assigning them tasks (packs to kill). It's also nice to let others do the work for a change. I studied for some of my hardest courses in college while my minions wreaked havoc upon the minions of Diablo. This was back when Necros was considered a slow killer & inferior. Make a skellyamncer now & you'll kill faster than almost any other class can & do it safer then any other can (if built & equipped right).