Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Someone Explain T.V. Times to me...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by giantpinkbunnyhead, Jun 28, 2005.

1. giantpinkbunnyhead

giantpinkbunnyhead IncGamers Member

Someone Explain T.V. Times to me...

I rarely watch TV, with tonight being the first time in maybe... a good month that I watched something. Anyway, there was a commercial for a show set to premiere later this week. They said it would be on at "10pm, 9pm Central".

What's that supposed to mean? 10pm for all time zones except Central? Or, is 10pm for EST, 9pm for Central, 8pm for Mountain, 7pm for Pacific, 6pm for Alaska? If so, why does only Central time get it's time specified? Is it assumed that the 10pm, not having a time zone following it, is to be eastern time? If it's 10pm everywhere except the Central time zone... why? Why is Central so special? If I live in Alaska and wanted to watch this show, would I tune in at 10pm or 6pm? Or some other time? I remember seeing this time system on TV since I was barely old enough to remember watching Teddy Ruxpin. So whats the deal?

2. Raistlin Majere

Raistlin Majere IncGamers Member

It means the show will be on at 10 in the EST zone, 9 in Central. 8 in Mountain... and so on.

3. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

You may have been getting an east coast feed. TV is broken up by time zones. So they don't need to mention anyplace west of central since they are on a different feed.

In other words, check you local listings. ;-)

4. Ev_

Ev_ IncGamers Member

If I remember correctly, primetime shows are on at the same hour of the day on the east and west coasts, and the two middle timezones are on at the same time, one hour earlier. So a show on at 10 EST will be on at 9 Central, 9 Mountain, and 10 PST. I'm not totally sure about that though. I know that shows are on an hour earlier in NM than in CA though.