Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Someone almost goofed muling

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by PallyRanger, Mar 26, 2004.

1. PallyRanger

PallyRanger IncGamers Member

Someone almost goofed muling

Here it is:
    I was creating a new mule and put him in game titled "mule parking" and let the game run while I went to sleep. I happened to hear a few items drop on the ground while i was in the other room. Tunred on my monitor to see somone muling their items. I gave this guy a heart attack when I moved my mule over his items and took a look at a unique spear he had dropped. I could almost hear him say "sh**" when I started picking up his items. I was nice and gave them back to him and told him not everyone in the game would have given them back and told him to be more careful next time. Then he proceeds to beg me for a bow! LOL

So what I am trying to say is there are lots of dishonest people out there and not to trust anyone. And to that guy that got his stuff back, Your Welcome. :howdy:

-PallyRanger

2. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

lol thats hilarious "mule park"

People actually come and mule thats sad... Wow thats sad... And beg you for items sad...

I usually steal gold of pvm chars that go to pvp games give them back gold and tell them never to come here again because ive seen pvm drop like 400k gold... I steal from pvp chars that piss me off though O_O

Im a bad boy a bad bad boy ^_^ But i gain lots of bnet friends through pubby and i trust my enigmas to them some i found are very nice.

3. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

I had an incident of this happen a few days ago. i was just joining random games so i could take inventory of some items (for some reason i seem to get "failed to join" less this way).

this guy joins the game (a sorc), drops all his stuff right in front of me then hurriedly picks it all back up (probably just realized i was there). i tell him to be more careful in the future and that hes lucky i wasnt your average bnet ******* cause his stuff would be gone.

he thanked me for the warning and left

4. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

kill = good boy ^_^

I like making meph games ggrab every unique that drops go to normal and spam free game its so much fun ^_-

5. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

Once in 1.09, a couple of us were chatting during a cow game. After the run was over, about 4 of us were still in the game and talking in town (about what I don't remember and isn't important). So one of the guys who hadn't said anything came up to me and opened up the trade window. He places some low lvl set items (like cathans mesh) and asked me to hold on to them while he got his other char. Straight out of the blue. So I hold them for him and he leaves the game.

Turns out I got scammed. I chatted for maybe 10min in that game. And then even after everyone else left, I spent another 10min going around killing the bosses for MF. By then, I had forgotten the guy's account name. I left his items on the ground and left.

The point of telling you this story about how I wasted my time is for retribution reasons through wasting your time so I won't feel as bad about wasting my time.

6. Gul'Dan

Gul'Dan IncGamers Member

Actually more like he forgot the game name... i did that all the time when i gone into a quest game, ask if anyone got wp, if no one got wp i go get my high lvl char for wp, then forgot the game name... :(

7. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

i know someone that has you all beat. he was in a game doing quests i assume i dont know the full details but he said some char came in... stayed a lil and left. so he went to act1 walked around and found a +5bo cta just laying on the ground. i dont know why anyone would do that. when they could just x'fer themselfs. or at least wait for a friend for something that costly. i've x'fered small things in games before. like a gem. or something. but that. what was he thinking. :X

8. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

Sometimes I mule in other people's games, but only low value stuff and if I am in a hurry.

But some of you may have seen my post a few weeks ago about me being robbed. I created a game to check stuff and forgot it was not passworded! I started muling and then a guy came in... I almost got a heart attack. He did not get my anni, but grabbed my Umed Jalal's Mane. He asked for a ransom, but I told him he would get nothin' from me. Then he left. I harrassed him for 24 hours, creating new accounts every time he tried to ignore me. He finally gave up and brought my Jalal back. After that, he started complaining about the godly stuff he did not have and asked me to give him a good weapon for free, lol. I did not really care about the Jalal, it was the principle. If he had not picked up my stuff on the ground, I would have given the guy anything he wanted...

9. SnowDrake

SnowDrake IncGamers Member

I agree on the theory that he forgot the game name...

I do that sometimes... I'm in a cow game and no one can make, so I say I'll bring in another char that can make. Then I forget the game name....

10. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

Yeah, he probably just forgot the game name. But I felt really bad for the guy about leaving his stuff there, even if they were just crappy items. I followed the newspaper for several days after and thankfully, there were no suicides, which subdued my conscience somewhat.

11. jbeast

jbeast Banned

Had a few of these happen. Was in a Cow game in 09 and some guy joins with a fully naked lvl 99 just a second after I do. He stupidly accepts a party invitation and I notice him go to Act5. A few min later he leaves the game and someone beside me makes a TP. I rush in (Frenzy barb lol) and charge to Act5. There was a Unid Eth Bane, Gaze, High % Doom and a Um Storm along with some money and gems. I beat the other guy to all but the Gaze and gems and held em for the muler and explained and gave his items. He must have almost died coming to Act5 to see me & the other standing there lol! Gave him his stuff back, told the Gaze guy he was a complete loser (considering he was wearing massively duped jeweled gear) and went on cow bashing.