Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some tips

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Sonolegolas, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Sonolegolas

Sonolegolas IncGamers Member

Some tips

hi,

I have some questions and tip requests for my kicksin. I have made a lvl 36 kicksin for normal duels and such, I've read this guide (http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=476147) and all the comments but its still not clear what the best setup is for a kicksin atm. I've had some problems with druids and barbs, and ofc smiters and hammerdins. Thats why I ask. I would like some tips =). I always prebuff BoS, Venom and shadow master.

my current equip is:

Helm: Peasant crown
    Amu: Angelic
    Armor: Viper
    Shield: rhyme grim shield Switch: sigon
    Weapen: strength military pick Switch: spirit
    Rings: angelics
    Gloves: IK gloves
    Boots: IK boots

Charms: a few random life/resist gc's and 4 life sc's.

My life is: 533
    Mana: 112
    Strength: 105
    Dex: 70
    Vit: 60
    Energy: 25 (base)

Damage: 318-546 + 205-225 poison dmg.

Resists:

Fire: 66
    Cold: 73
    Lightning: 86 (capped @ 75)
    Poison: 93 (capped @ 75

thanks in advance.

2. Sonolegolas

Re: Some tips

bump, 34 read and noone has tips? o_O

3. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

Following the rules i.e. not bumping threads would be a good idea. Give your thread some time.

4. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

lvl 36 is an odd one. most LLD stops at lvl30.... although there is a group on west nl that goes to 36....

5. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

Have you tried using the 'search'? I know LLD sins have been talked about a lot and that could help you out some. Sorry I haven't made a LLD in awhile so I can't be much help : (

6. Sonolegolas

sry was kinda in a rush, I know lvl 30 is lld stopping point but most people I duel in EU pubs are lvl 49 ... I'm gona remake this character anyways, lvl 31 is my stopping point I guess (need 31 for IK boots)

7. theheft

theheft IncGamers Member

I wouldnt mind duelling iwht you some time

whisp me

*hefty1LLD
    *hefty1

8. Magi

Magi IncGamers Member

The biggest issue that jumps out at me is the life (or lack thereof). I'd definately work on more charms. Your current life is about half of what a normal lvl 30 LLD kickers is.

I may have overlooked it, but what belt?

9. Sonolegolas

Ok I have made some minor changes, I do some more dmg because I changed the belt to IK and have found some strength charmes. I was thinking about putting in some amethysts in my peasant and viper for dmg, I was also thinking about making Black in a flail for the 15IAS and I dont the CB from strength, then socket 15 IAS jewels in my viper and Peasant (Black 15IAS + 2xJewel 30IAS + IK 25IAS = 60 IAS) I can use Fade instead of BoS then.

Helm: Peasant crown
    Belt: IK belt
    Boots: IK boots
    Armor: Vipermagi
    Ring1: Angelic
    Ring2: Angelic
    Amu: Angelic
    Weapon: Strength Switch: spirit
    Shield: Rhyme Switch: Sigon

All res: 75

Life: 603
    Mana: 112

Here is a pic of my assasins stats, tell me if you see something weird. she has 75 block btw.

[​IMG]

10. Magi

Magi IncGamers Member

Life is still too low. :(

I can't help but wonder: Is there a BETTER choice for an armor? I'm not sure what the choice would be, maybe someone else can help here. My first guess would be that even 'lil ole Twitchthroe might be a better alternative.

Also, I believe the Orphan's Call set helm (Guillaume's Face) is available at level 34. It has 30%fhr, 15% deadly strike, 35% crushing blow (a NECESSARY mod for kickers), and +15 strength.

Instead of Spirit and Sigon's shield on switch for prebuffing, why not some prebuff claws? +2 Shadow with +other important skills. Obviously they're more difficult to acquire than the spirit/sigon's, but it's something to shoot for.

For smiters, I believe a long range (4-5) two-handed polearm or spear would be an awesome choice as even though your kick damage depends on your boot type, your kick RANGE is dependant on your weapon range.

11. Sonolegolas

Yea twitch is a good alternative to viper, socket the twitch with a ruby for life or a ammy for damage, I also think you can up the Twitch one time and still be under the lvl 30 req, but I dono for sure. Well since lld stops at lvl 30 the helm isn't a real option, too high lvl'd.

Ofc if you find prebuff claws you can use them instead of sig/spirit. More +skills the better. I heard about the pike thing but havn't tried it yet, should work although he can walk towards you when you start the uninterruptable kicks.

12. Magi

Magi IncGamers Member

My bad. ::oops:: I thought you were still lvl 36. Guilaummes is definately out then. :thumbsup:

13. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

what my 30 kicker uses:
    1sin/life circlet socketed with a shael and a pruby (111 life/20fhr total)
    upped twitch, pruby
    rhyme grimm
    rare war boots with fhr/frw/res
    string of ears
    2ma/10ias gloves
    angelics
    1sin 40ias blade talons

switch is 2x 2shadow claws

with 70ias and using blade talons you get to use fade and still have good kick speed. i have gtoes in my stash for crushing blow vs high life opponents. i have lvl 24 kicks (5 kicks), 1 point down to dflight, 1 point into claw mastery, cloak of shadows, weapon block, and everything down to venom (dumped rest of points into fade).

with the above set up i have 273-480 kick damage, 1151 life, and 7123 dtalon ar.

14. Sonolegolas

And how do you fair in duels against druids and hammerdins? Would like to know your stratagy in dueling.

What I try to do against druids (windy) is run off the screen so they cant see me anymore, most of the time they run after me, and then I run a half circel around them (still not in screen) and then dflight then in the back and dtalon them dead (I try, doesn't always work) Most of the time they have big amounts of life. (note that you need verry fast r/w for this)

And against hammerdins, I wait untill they make a mistake and dflight them, walk south and start dtalon. They sometimes have good defence so I usually get 2-3 hits out of the 5 kicks and then there FHR kicks in. Most of the time I do this Dflight -> walk south -> dtalon x1 -> run around and wait till they make another mistake.

With both the dudu and hammerdins I usually die, they have a big dmg (unblockable) and they block my attacks.

15. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

i usually die to all casters like melee should. what i usually do is switch my rhyme for one of my 2 shadow claws. this doesnt work vs cold users, but i'm mostly melee anyway. it'll at least let you block a bit so you think you're doing okay. there's a good guide in the pvp forum sticky about a lld ghost that would probably be very well suited to caster killing.

16. krajee

krajee IncGamers Member

When I'm using my kicker against casters, I also swap my shield for one of my +2 shadow claws. One of them has 2x 30%lit resist jewels in while the other has 2x 30%cold resist jewels in it so I can stack against whatever.