Some thoughts on javazon setup

Codoh

Diabloii.Net Member
@Codoh Glad you give it a shot! Shield with 4 facets is ~18% higher damage output than Spirit. How the hell did you manage to have Griffon's but no Silkweaves hehe... Anyway, faceted Lidless Wall is an interesting MPK source with higher damage output than Spirit as well. Note that Titan's can't be socketed btw. :) 3/20 gloves can be bought from Anya with some (or a lot of) patience. :)

(EDIT: Damn, @Gripphon is just too fast for me.)
Haha yes. U see back in the days I didnt use atma or gomule, the way me and my real life friends who dont play d2 anymore stored items was that we made mule chars named them "NewFolderI" to X or any other generic file name and we placed the items we found there. Eventually they all got filled up and when we found something we simply threw out some item that at first glance seemd completely useless and placed the newly found valuable item there. Now im guessing Silkweave was the victim of one of these moments.
Now in moments like these I realise that even those items have their value just because of a single overlooked stat they give.

On the java setup: found a 5 mpk lidless wall and socketed it with a bad facet for now...and i gota tell ya, even that 5 mpk does wonders. I dont find myself looking for mana potions anymore and thats a relief. Regarding the gloves, I intend to run mainly cows with my javazon and so im aiming for a 3 skill - 20 IAS glove. Had around 5 mill gold that i gambled sofar, no luck.

onderduiker

Diabloii.Net Member
Those archers are quite OP it seems. Do all other missile monsters also have doubled attack rating? Like, Council members in Travincal have double attack rating than listed?
The bug applies to missiles not monsters, so monsters that have both melee and ranged attacks don't get their melee AR doubled as well... although I think in most, if not all, cases where this is true, the ranged attacks always hit (no hit check) anyway (Succubus and Stygian Fury bolts, Act V Claw Viper missiles, and so forth).

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Haha yes. U see back in the days I didnt use atma or gomule, the way me and my real life friends who dont play d2 anymore stored items was that we made mule chars named them "NewFolderI" to X or any other generic file name and we placed the items we found there. Eventually they all got filled up and when we found something we simply threw out some item that at first glance seemd completely useless and placed the newly found valuable item there. Now im guessing Silkweave was the victim of one of these moments.
Now in moments like these I realise that even those items have their value just because of a single overlooked stat they give.

On the java setup: found a 5 mpk lidless wall and socketed it with a bad facet for now...and i gota tell ya, even that 5 mpk does wonders. I dont find myself looking for mana potions anymore and thats a relief. Regarding the gloves, I intend to run mainly cows with my javazon and so im aiming for a 3 skill - 20 IAS glove. Had around 5 mill gold that i gambled sofar, no luck.
probably faster (but less fun) to just shop it normally instead of gamble?

Codoh

Diabloii.Net Member
probably faster (but less fun) to just shop it normally instead of gamble?
Any tips on that? Seems like Charsi is the one who sells most of the gloves. I'm guessing my chances of actually crafting one are as bad as any other path. Heh...this gona take a while.

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Get lots of frw and run in and out of town. you'll want the exit to be right beside her. Fast char with that bow which gives vigor aura is probably the best

Pb_pal

Diabloii.Net Member
I shopped mine from Anya using Pindle's portal. The good thing about those gloves is they have a distinct colour ("dark yellow"), so you don't have to check every single pair, just the ones that come up the right colour. Anya has the benefit of selling metallic gloves, which are IMO easier to distinguish the right hue of yellow, though Charsi does sell a higher quantity of gloves.

If you're confused about the specific type of yellow, it's the "alacrity" suffix that determines it, so it might help to keep a relevant glove type with that suffix in your inventory for reference while shopping. Good luck!

NanoMist

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're shopping Charsi, just make a cow portal right next to her for fast refresh. Although I would shop Anya anyway to check for claws while I'm at it.

Codoh

Diabloii.Net Member
Yep been going at Anyai sofar....eh..uhh...yea. Sofar no luck, found a 1/20 glove sofar and a 3/0, think I'll get it eventually.
However found this, and I did plan for a long time to make a martial arts assassin with all them funky strikes that it has.

Kenshi's Ogre Gauntlets of Alacrity
Ogre Gauntlets
Defense: 65
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Level: 64
Required Strength: 185
Fingerprint: 0x223dd527
Item Level: 99
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+3 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)
+20% Increased Attack Speed

When u say claws - and forgive me for going offtopic here - what am I keeping my eyes open for? LS and DS claws with atleast 1-2 to assassin skill levels?

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
@Codoh As far as claws, yes that is what you are looking for (or +3 Traps + 3 LS) and ideally some other mods, e.g. IAS = gg.

Happy to help and please don't get this wrong but, while your Anya/Charsi shopping adventures are quite thrilling, I don't think we need regular updates on every bit of progress in here. ;)

Codoh

Diabloii.Net Member
@Codoh As far as claws, yes that is what you are looking for (or +3 Traps + 3 LS) and ideally some other mods, e.g. IAS = gg.

Happy to help and please don't get this wrong but, while your Anya/Charsi shopping adventures are quite thrilling, I don't think we need regular updates on every bit of progress in here. ;)
It's for future generations.