Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

some Templar questions

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by death_toll, Feb 23, 2004.

1. death_toll

death_toll IncGamers Member

some Templar questions

I read Pravda's guide, and he convinced me to build a pvp templar/vindicator. His guide was for a vindicator/ templar (primary smiter, secondary foher) but i want to have foh as main,then smite as secondary...
    I have narrowed the equipment down as follows:
    Helm: Shako (socketed light facet)
    Armor: Dusk Enigma
    Shield: Hoz
    wep: Silence rw (i dont have yet :( )
    Belt: Verdungos
    Ammy: Maras
    Rings: Raven and Bul Kathos
    Boots: Waterwalk
    Gloves: Bloodfist

Any suggestions? I am pretty sure on most of these items but they can be improved...Im not so sure on the effects of the lightning facets, will they add to foh damage?

I am not so sure yet on skills either...I want to get the strongest foh possible, so i am gonna:
    20 Fist of Heavens
    20 Holy Shock
    12-13 Conviction
    For the smite portion, i will have about 40-45 skills to divide among Holy shield, Smite, and Fanaticism...would it be best to max fanat then divide up rest? or Max Fanat, Max Smite, rest in holy shield?

2. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

I think you look good item wise, except that you won't have ~50dr. I'd rather stick ber runes in the shako and shield than facets for more dr, but that's just me. As for skills, if you have 40 points left, go 20 fana, 20 holy shield, and leave smite at base.

3. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

my cheap alternative to the silence phase blade: the crescent moon phase blade.

it has 20% open wounds (smite), -35 light res(foh), decent range, and in pvm a chance to cast static field which is pretty damn godly in my opinion. Plus it doesn't take very much ias at all to get 6 frame.

A note on the gloves - bloodfists aren't bad at all, but I personally prefer steelrends. Of course I'm using a valor (-15 req jwl with 12 str, 14 life, 7 light res) so I don't need the extra Fhr, or the 10 ias, and the 40 life is sort of negligable considering the damage added from 'rends.

also,I need to remake my v/t on the ladder this week. I focused too much on FoH and wasted some points. My smite is on the lowish side ( 1.8k) with up'd HoZ.

also, i don't have :rant: any :rant: combat charms at all on the ladder. it's so sad. some slut wanted me to trade him 2 storm shields for one without any second mods, and that was the only :rant: person i've seen :rant: that was trading them.

4. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

I would consider the crescent moon as an excellent choice for fohing, but keep it for those who stack resists. It can be an excellent way to surprise them. As far as the smite goes, 20 holy shield and 20 fanat, smite at base. You can still do 2.5k smite damage, which is very very potent. Good luck!!

--welt

5. giantsloth

giantsloth Banned

hey, as mentioned by romvs in a previouse post, check this out

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=134856

this is the exact build i do believe you are alooking for, so hope this helps you out

6. Billweed

Billweed Banned

Old is new? My Pal Pat is this build