Some Suggestions please....

GunBunny

Diabloii.Net Member
Some Suggestions please....

ok I have a lvl 53 sorccy and she is at the end of Act II Nightmare. I play Single Player. Here are her stats:

Str: 90
Dex: 45
Vit: 125
Energy: 85

Skills:

20 Orb
1 Cold Mastery and all of the stepping stones to get to orb
17 Meteor (plan on putting next three skill points in here)
5 Fire Mastery
3 Fire Ball
1 in stepping stones to get meteor
1 in Teleport and Telekenisis

I am kinda hesitating about fighting Duriel due to the fact that it is in such close quarters. I could always just tele around the room and orb him but my mana regen kinda sucks and I can only fit so many potions on my belt.

If you could give me suggestions on what to do to make this character better as far as items and skills/stats please let me know. BTW: I have really crappy gear, the only thing worth mentioning is the fact that I am wearing the complete Hsarus' set. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you for your time.

Ankeli

Diabloii.Net Member
GunBunny said:
ok I have a lvl 53 sorccy and she is at the end of Act II Nightmare. I play Single Player. Here are her stats:

Str: 90
Dex: 45
Vit: 125
Energy: 85

Skills:

20 Orb
1 Cold Mastery and all of the stepping stones to get to orb
17 Meteor (plan on putting next three skill points in here)
5 Fire Mastery
3 Fire Ball
1 in stepping stones to get meteor
1 in Teleport and Telekenisis

I am kinda hesitating about fighting Duriel due to the fact that it is in such close quarters. I could always just tele around the room and orb him but my mana regen kinda sucks and I can only fit so many potions on my belt.

If you could give me suggestions on what to do to make this character better as far as items and skills/stats please let me know. BTW: I have really crappy gear, the only thing worth mentioning is the fact that I am wearing the complete Hsarus' set. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you for your time.
Get a merc tanking duriel, that allows you some time to spam meteor. When he dies, orb and tele away as long as you got pots. When you run out, go back to town to rez merc and fill up on pots. Repeat ^_^

STINGER

Diabloii.Net Member
No Static?
No Cold Armor? <---- Very nice D bonus with only 1 point invest
No Energy Shield? <---probably dont have it due to dual tree
No Merc?

Static is king for bosses get it! 1 point and some +skills is enuff.

Duriels biggest danger is his charge so it is actually best to tank him and a 53 sorc should be able to do that. Unfortunately IMO you went a bit high in str a bit early I hope it is bringing you some good D for it. Low dex so you have no block.

What is your gear?

Merc with a "speedy" stick and Life Leech can tank him well. A weapon with slow on it is king vs bosses also.

Pop a TP as soon as you enter and leave from it when needed. Make sure to pop a new one immediately upon entering again......best way is stick a scroll in your belt or hotkey the book somewhere.

You can buy staves with Cold Armor on them, cast it and remove the item it last long enuff to be worth while. You can also get Static on staves IIRC.

Any sorc without Static is built wrong IMO!

Also, I dont know your gear, but considering you have no block if you dont have and can get that lvl 29 staff taht give big life and Energy do that. Sorry, havent played in a long time so the name isnt coming to me but I always use that staff until I get ready to go block on my build. I build all my sorcs full Vita early and use the staff then switch to black late in NM.

Valar-Wrath

Diabloii.Net Member
You could always run countess a few times and get your merc an insight. That would solve your mana regen problem. Actually, run countess A LOT. There are so many nice runewords that are very cheap. Stealth, rhyme, spirit, insight, lore, etc etc. Use these to your advantage!

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
Single Player I would've gone for blocking with a Rhyme Shield if I were you... may be a little too late for that.

Hire yourself a Holy Freeze Merc from Act 2 Nightmare and make him an 'Insight' Polearm. Run the Cow Level back in Normal and look for Poleaxes and Halberds, preferrably ethereal; three sockets = 'Malice' (Ith El Eth), four sockets equals JACKPOT (Ral Tir Tal Sol), five sockets = 'Honor' (Amn El Ith Tir Sol).

You probably should've pumped Cold Mastery some before bothering with Meteor. I would place 10-12 in it so that it gains effectiveness early yet doesn't become overkill later on when you have more +skills gear and need higher Meteor damage.

GunBunny

Diabloii.Net Member
Well crap

I beat Duriel but I got killed by a gloombat in one hit! I think it was a campion due to the fact that it just said "gloombat". Man I am really hating the flayers in act three. I am going to build another sorccy. Any good builds? I tried the whole block think but then I just get stun locked by everything. Nothing can kill me but I cannot move, set tp, or anything. I always have to exit and get there again. Also, you can't block elemental, can you? I know that I have to find resist gear but I am playing single player and I have done little magic finding. Please give me dome suggestions.

STINGER

Diabloii.Net Member
Fast Cast, and Hit recovery FTW

With the 60ish BP in FCR you rarely get hit, the 105 you never get hit and some stuff wont even react to you telein by.

I forget FHR BPs but IIRC 24 is a sound number but please check your local listings.

Dual tree isnt really needed until Hell so stick to Cold and make it strong early. Use the Razorswitch its a very nice item. Gamble for boots and belt to get some resists and FHR, or there is a normal Unique belt wiht 30 FHR that can serve you perfectly thru NM. There is also Bloodfists which are probably the most godly item in the game.

Be sure to at least hit the 60ish fast cast BP, it is simply a must if you plan to tele around.

Max block with high cast rate and hit recovery equals a tuff to kill sorc. You also need good rez and life and I personally like absorb, but if you are going dual tree that is basiclly out of the question.

Go slower on the strenght this time and get the cold armor it helps.

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
STINGER said:
Dual tree isnt really needed until Hell so stick to Cold and make it strong early.
This is what I was getting at. More Cold Mastery at first will make short work of Nightmare until you start seeing cold immunes in late Act 5, and by then either your Fireball or Meteor will start catching up. You might consider going the Fireball route since Orb and Meteor are both timered and Meteor, even with good aiming and timing, is less of a safety skill than Fireball. It's usually best to have one timered spell, i.e. Orb, and one spammable spell other than Static, i.e. Fireball.

Sorcs benefit a ton from FHR. I think you only need like 5% to hit the first breakpoint, so a couple items will get you quite a few frames faster hit recovery.