Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some suggestions for the recently resurrected

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Niniux, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Niniux

Niniux IncGamers Member

Some suggestions for the recently resurrected

So, a friend and I just came back to Diablo 2. We both played the game before but this is our first time playing Diablo 2 together and we both haven't played in quite a while.

We looked through the forums and builds and we decided on a Fishymancer for me and a Fire Sorc (Fireball/Meteor) for him. He decided to forgo the orb part of the meteorb sorc, as I could help deal with any fire immunes. We chose the builds as well because they're not really gear dependent. I've been following the Skellymancer guide pretty faithfully and am now around level 23. However, it has occurred to me that perhaps shifting the focus a bit as far as using Lower Resist more extensively might be a wise plan.

So, my questions are;

1) What are the recommended number of points to put in LR to really help break immunes and increase damage potential for his fire stuff?

2) If I'm looking at LR, should I perhaps also look at Skeletal Mages as well?

3) Any other specific build considerations (for either class) to keep in mind since we're exclusively duo'ing? (We ONLY play these characters with eachother)

Thanks in advance.

2. Spamisgood

Spamisgood IncGamers Member

Re: Some suggestions for the recently resurrected

Some numbers for you:
    10 point lower resist: -55% res, lasts 38 seconds
    20 point lower resist: -62% res, lasts 58 seconds
    (It caps at 26 with -65% and 72 seconds)

So knowing that, I personally wouldn't put more than ~10 points in it in your situation. (never more than 1 any other time, if that) The diminishing returns are just too crappy to invest heavily in it.

Also, you would actually be dealing alot more damage if you just focused on your army and let your buddy deal with his damage. Use lower resist to break the occasional immune, but if you go minion, and want to squeeze out the most efficiency (for both of you) then stick with amp damage and a might merc.

If you are adamant on using Lower Resist alot, then maybe think of just putting a few points into skeletons, and maxing mages. I would normally never suggest this, but you having a constant sorc around changes things. Mages do much less damage than melee skelles, but it would be better as you can only have amp damage or lower resist on the mobs at once.

Eitherway, you will want to use Corpse explosion liberally as it deals 1/2 physical and 1/2 fire so either amp or lower would buff it.

3. Niniux

Niniux IncGamers Member

Okay, yeah, if it caps at 26, I really don't need to invest 20 into it.

I am kind of doubting the effectiveness of CE for this build as I will NEVER be solo-ing so the damage generated by the sorc should make up for that.

I was kind of thinking about maxing mages putting some points into LR, and then any extra points, I might just drop into Golem Mastery late game for an Insight Iron Golem or something.

4. Spamisgood

Spamisgood IncGamers Member

Nice, sounds like you are getting some ideas rolling around in the ol noggin. And while the sorc will deffinently help make up for a damage gap if you aren't using CE, she will never replace it. Nothing in the game can outdamage Corpse Explosion. Even going 2 players and with CE not scaling to the added HPs of the monsters, it is still (by far) the most damaging attack in the game.