Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some stupid questions about poisonmancer in pvp (mainly:)

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by leihotikan, Mar 20, 2004.

1. leihotikan

leihotikan IncGamers Member

Some stupid questions about poisonmancer in pvp (mainly:)

Hi there, got some stupid questions about skills for poison necro for pvp purpose. So...

1. To marrowbug or not? I am not member of any clan, league etc, but I still refuse using bugs even in public, seems kinda cheap to me. Actually, using marrowwalk would cost 20 skillpoints less and boost BA absorb a lot - so it's tempting :p

2. What is your finishing skill? Bone Spear/Bone Spirit/Teeth? Maybe Firegolem, but I never liked them, maybe in classic a long long ago...

3. Enigma vs Bramble? I love to have all possible dmg I can have but: do you use teleport with Enigma? Is it very bad manner and people say when using Bramble with Thorns?

4. What is the % cap with lowering enemy poison resistance, if any? After almost year of break and breaking my promise to never play DII again :p I am kinda confused now. Btw, I am Zoroastrian formerly active in necro forum, but thats OT and noone remembers me :)

5. What is minimum strenght for succesfull build assuming I can get my hands on wyrmhide or archon plate Enigma+almost perfect annihilus?

6. Trangs vs Homo? Always loved Homunculus for nice block (I prefer DR/block necros over vitamancers) but now its -% poison res in combo, so?

More questions later if I have something on my mind, so thx in advance.

2. Pallidum

Pallidum IncGamers Member

Sticky.

Top of page.

Go.

Now.

3. leihotikan

leihotikan IncGamers Member

Can you understand some question dude? I am NOT looking for total necro set up, skill distrbution info, etc!!! I asked some question about your necros, your opinion. Dont want, dont write a word, ajt? Stop patronizing me and treat me like a stupid noob when you dont know me. Some respect for ol' forum user or get lost. naf said?

4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Just chill d00d. Pallidum had a good point. Those questions are answered in the guide stickied at the top of the forum.

But just to up my post count I will give you the answers.

1 - Exploiting bugs is cheap IMO, don't use it.
    2 - Bspear is nice, but the aura on FG is better.
    3 - Go for Bramble.
    4 - In PvP I don't know for sure, but -100% in PvM.
    5 - Depends on your Clvl.
    6 - If using Bramble go for Homo.

5. Pallidum

Pallidum IncGamers Member

What can I say, ask stupid questions and you'll get the same response. If you took a moment to do some search you'll find that most of your questions can be answered in the sticky.

But since u want my opinion ill say this.

1. You answered your own question havent you? "...bugs seem kinda cheap to me." So why is this even an issue? Sound to me like you want our approval for something for using marrowwalks, which in that case I could careless.

2. Fire golem wont work if the other guy has decent fire resists and life replenish. Go with teeth. Spear you need to aim and spirits are too slow.

3. Go with enigma. Not sure on the stats on the bramble, but it doesnt have teleport. And trust me, you're gonna need it cause vs zons, necros, trap assassins, etc, you need a way to get close to deal damage. If you dont have a way to deal damage long range, you can only beat melee chars, Then again, you could already be dead before u actually get a shot off. Thats y u go with teleport. If you dont like to tele, enigma has 45 run also.

4. Not sure. Never build a poison cause I like bone better and has not met a poison mancer I couldnt beat.

5. Lowest as possible. With breatplate enigma u wont need a single point in str, unless you plan on wearing marrows.

6. Your call.