Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some Socket Questions

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by GreyGhost, Aug 31, 2006.

1. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

Some Socket Questions

I am trying to find/create an ebotd mat spear for a spearzon. I need an ethereal, 6-socket, +3 jav skill matriarchal spear or pike. I have found a few various ones from weapon racks, but not exactly what I need, so I have a four (4) questions:

1. I read in another thread that the cube recipe works on ethereal items? True?

2. Will Larzuk's quest work on ethereal items?

3. Will either socket quest or cube recipe work for ethereal items that already have sockets, but need more?

4. If either socket quest or cube recipe works on ethereals, I have to use a weapon from act 5 to have the best chance of rolling 6 sockets, right?

I looked around but couldn't find the table that lists ilvl/mlvl and possible max sockets. I'm assuming acts hell acts 4-5 and cows are the best place to find such an item.

Thanks in advance!

2. nex

nex IncGamers Member

Yes. Recipe adds random number of sockets.

Yes. Larzuk will add max number of sockets.

No.

You need at least ivl 40 on mat spear to get 6 sockets. Since all monsters that can drop it have high enough mlvl you don't have to worry about it.

If you find low quality item and use cube to turn it into normal it will get ilvl 1 so that's only case when you wouldn't get 6 sockets on mat spear.

3. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

Thanks for the answers.

What if I find an ethereal, +3 mat spear from a weapon rack in hell? Will larzuk still give it 6 sockets?

4. nex

nex IncGamers Member

Yes. All areas/racks in hell have higher lvl than 40.

5. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

ilvl and max sockets. area_lvl chart. Remember that in normal, mlvl is fixed by monster type (champs +2, bosses & minions +3). In nightmare and Hell, mlvl = area_lvl (champs +2, bosses & minions +3).