Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some skills we know

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by UnderAge, Jul 3, 2008.

1. UnderAge

UnderAge IncGamers Member

Some skills we know

I just downloaded the HD version of the 20 minute video and here are somethings I found while using slow motion on windows. :smug:

"Battle Cry" is back as it was in d2. A new one we saw while the barb was charging is called "Furious Charge", and in the video he had a 85 ft range of charging (holy ****). Also a similar one too d2's berserker skill is called "Hammer of the Ancients", that increases critical hit and deals 225% weapon damage ( at the skill of the barb in the video, rank : 4/5)

And the whirlwind we saw is a no-brainer

2. CanAbyss

CanAbyss IncGamers Member

3. Remy

Remy IncGamers Member

Re: Some skills we know

85 ft is only 28 yds. I think Barbarians are supposed to be at least around 7 ft tall. So the 85 ft charge range of the Furious Charge is really only like 4 body lengths worth of distance for a Barbarian. Hardly anything worth writing home about.

4. Fallen_62

Fallen_62 IncGamers Member

Unless I'm mistaken, isn't 7 feet multiplied by 4 equal 28 feet (not yards), not 85...? It's more like 12 body lengths of the Barbarian to equal 85 feet (84 feet technically), which would be the 28 yards...

5. whitey

whitey IncGamers Member

go outside and actually measure 85 feet, I think you'll realize how far that actually is.

6. UnderAge

UnderAge IncGamers Member

Exactly. Me being a high school sprinter I fully understand how crazy that would be for a human being to do. That barb could cover a 40 yard dash in prolly around 1.5 seconds (guessing). Which surpasses even our (world) fastest sprinters. Start thinking about life instead of fantasy remy.

7. Flux

Flux Administrator

85 feet is about the length of a basketball court, just for the sake of reference. Imagine going from one end to the other in like, 1 second?

The distances in D3 are hard to judge at this point though, since we don't know how accurate or proportional they are. Just because the barb is about 2.5 yards tall doesn't mean you can take a screenshot, turn him sideways and start counting. There's perspective, angle, units being enlarged or shrunken for game needs, etc.

Also, put very little stock in anything you see in a skill hover this early on; all the values are very subject to change, and the text descriptions usually lag several patches behind the game changes, during dev.

8. DylWeed

DylWeed IncGamers Member

I understand that the game says that the whirlwind skill is measured in distance (84ft), but I think that it's a possibility that 84ft is equal to so many seconds, and that the game actually measures the skills like whirlwind with time instead of distance, If any of that makes sense. It would be easier to make the game this way and would be hardly noticeable
    to the average gamer.