Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some Simplae Questions....

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by GunBunny, Jul 1, 2005.

1. GunBunny

GunBunny IncGamers Member

Some Simplae Questions....

I know that most of these questions might sound stupid but I'll ask them anyways.

1. Does your merc get his/her mf as well as yours or just theirs?

2. Is meph normal good for mfing with a lvl 58 sorc on p8?

3. Why is it that I can only find EVERY unique exept Gull and WOE?

4. I really don't play with lightning at all because of the randomness of the damage?

5. Is the act two merc the best due to the auras or is their better mercs depending on what char you are?

Just to help out with these questions here us some info.

lvl 58 sorccy: 96str, 25dex, 136vit, 113energy.

Spells worth mentioning the ones not listed are lvl 2 or 1.
    Fire spells:
    warmth : 11
    hydra: 4
    FM:: 1
    Met: 3

Cold Spells:
    orb: 20
    CM: 3

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

2. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

1) Yours gets added to any they may have, when they get the kill.
    Doesn't work the other way round ;)

2) Not particularly. Try NM Andariel instead.

3) Because they're so low level that the odds for them get increasingly smaller the higher on you magic find, as more options become available and more likely to drop.

4) And that's a question how, other than the ? at the end ?

5) Generally speaking, Act II mercs are prefered.

--

There's no need for so much Energy. There's mana pots, the Insight Runeword and +mana gear.

Personal preference is block over vita, but that's your call. I've heard a lot of people the other way round as well.

Static can help your killing speed a lot, and I do hope you did get teleport.

Won't comment on skills other than saying that Insight imo made Warmth completely unnecessary.

3. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

You're probably best off MFing normal baal than NM andy, it'll take longer than other runs but Norm baal has better drops than NM andy, plus you can easily pick up levels while you mf if you're running him. Hitting 65 in normal is fairly easy, though it is somewhat embarassing to some people. Either that or you could just play through NM and pick up some levels on the way.

It's an odd build you've got there, but then I think the whole concept of hybrids is an odd one so I'm biased... there's people out there who'll swear by meteorb, I'm just not one of them. Your stats are way off of standard for HC sorks though, you'd have been much better off dumping everything that's in energy into probably dex or possibly vita.

4. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

NM Andy has first Drop bug, and better chance of dropping SoJs.

I'd rather run Andy than that stingy Baal.

5. BongoFury

BongoFury IncGamers Member

2. At L58 you could probably handle NM Mephy. Good drops and good experience.

You only need to play on P5 to get the 'no drop' to zero for Mephy, so anything higher just helps with stuff you may kill along the way.

4. Static is a must for all Sorcs.

Character:
    All your spells (Orb, Meteor, Hydra) are timered. So you don't need a huge mana pool and mana regeneration (you can always get an Insight merc). I'd play this character with base Energy and 1 +items points in Warmth. Ten more points in CM instead of Warmth would make you a NM Mephy killer. And all those Energy points in Dex would let you block and make it much safer porting down to D3.

6. HoshNasi

HoshNasi IncGamers Member

Explain first drop bug? I know first drop is good most of the time. So I am not sure what you mean with this.

7. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

First drop = Quest drop, which means only rares or better. Also prevents no drop.

Andy is bugged in that, as long as you talk to a NPC after killing her, she will never go to her normal drop (which includes magic items and a possible no-drop) but be stuck on her First Drop.

I've read that using the Imbue quest fixes the bug, causing her to drop normally again, but haven't verified that for truth yet. Should be easy enough.

8. HoshNasi

HoshNasi IncGamers Member

I asume you mean NPC like Warev to go east?

Man I am amazed at the stuff i learn about this game still. I have been playing this game since the Stress test!

9. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

I don't believe that bug.
    If she dropped like her first drop every time she would drop a normal gem every time wouldn't she? Cause she doesn't do that for me any time I've tried it.

Andy may have a better shot at soj than baal, but baal has a better shot at everything that isn't a ring (viper, suicide branch, pcrown, etc).

10. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

i also do not believe that bug.

there are runs where i got all blues

11. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

I do believe that bug, having been harvesting Andy quite a bit in one of the KTA series (the KTA series where we got 6 Vipers...)

And far as I know (which isn't far, I'll admit, not having been digging through drop lists) the normal gem is not a fixed drop for her.