Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some Rookie Questions from a Non-Rookie

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by JCSahyan, May 16, 2008.

1. JCSahyan

JCSahyan IncGamers Member

Some Rookie Questions from a Non-Rookie

Hi folks. I've had Diablo II LoD for quite a while (and have even posted some fairly dumb questions on here, before) but, for various reasons, have not been able to get into it very much at all, for a considerable time. I guess the point of that is to seek indulgence for asking dumb questions again, when I'm sure I should know the answers by now. In any case, if I may impose on everybody's good nature, my questions are two:

1. What does it mean when an item says that it permits one to "absorb" something (e.g., "absorb cold")? Clearly, that's different from simply amping resistance, but exactly how?
    2. And now the really dumb one - dumb because I remember at least vaguely that it's been discussed before, but at that time I was truly a rookie, and sort of glossed over the discussion. So....Can anybody tell me what the process is for adding sockets to Ethereal items via the Horadric cube? I know it can be done, but...I have not the least clue *how*. I have the sense it's a complicated issue, and I apologize for trying to get simple answers to complex questions, but I'd greatly appreciate any help anybody can give me.

If anybody has the info I need, and would be willing to e-mail me, I'm at Email deleted. Alternatively, I'll try to check in here periodically to see what replies - if any - I've gotten.

Thanks all, for whatever help you can give me.

2. Kryyn

Kryyn IncGamers Member

Re: Some Rookie Questions from a Non-Rookie

This is the wrong forum, man. This is Diablo III General Discussion.

But anyway, Absorb is an ability from items. Max the resistance os something then use an Absorb ability item, voila. Healing from spells meant to kill you.

And go here for cube stuff ------>>>> http://www.diabloii.net/wiki/Horadric_Cube

3. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Re: Some Rookie Questions from a Non-Rookie

Better not to post your email as this is a public forum and anyone with internet can see it - including email harvesting spam bots.