Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some Questios

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Valiance, May 9, 2005.

1. Valiance

Valiance IncGamers Member

Some Questios

Haven't Posted For Awhile... I'll Keep It Short & Sweet

> Whats Matting ? ("ie. Matted My Pally The Other Day") ?

> How Do You "Upgrade" Weapons, Whenever I Read About It Being Done By Someone Here In The Forums, It's Stats Seem To Go Up (ie. Defence,) How's It Done?

P.S. I Did Search These Topics, With No Result, Sorry If It Creates A Ruckus, Im Not Meaning To Upset Anyone.

2. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Dun think you can mat a pally. :lol: It refers to getting your char to matriarch. (i.e. beating hell in SC) For male chars it's patriarch and Patting, I guess.

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

You can upgrade unique/rare weapons by placing them and some other ingredients in the Horadric Cube and transmute them.

If for example you have a rare Lance with 200% enhanced damage you can upgrade it to a rare War Pike with 200% enhanced damage. That way you'll get more damage..

You can check out the upgrade recipees here..

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml

4. nepeta

nepeta IncGamers Member

On upgrading, from the Summit. You're looking for:

1 Ral Rune + 1 Sol Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Normal Unique Weapon = Exceptional Version of Weapon
    This formula changes the base item type from the normal to exceptional version. For example an Axe is turned into a Cleaver. This does NOT convert the item to the Exceptional Unique version of the Unique Item. Unique item bonuses remain the same; only the item it's based on is upgraded. This can be used to upgrade Ethereal Items also. They will continue to be Ethereal after they are upgraded. Also if the item is socketed, then jewels or runes and their mods will also remain.

Transmute Formula 1 Tal Rune + 1 Shael Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Normal Unique Armor = Exceptional Version of Armor
    This formula changes the base item type from the normal to exceptional version. For example Quilted Armor is turned into Ghost Armor. This does NOT convert the item to the Exceptional Unique version of the Unique Item. So you cannot for example use this formula to transform Greyform into The Spirit Shroud. Unique item bonuses remain the same; only the item it's based on is upgraded. This can be used to upgrade Ethereal Items also. They will continue to be Ethereal after they are upgraded. Also if the item is socketed, then jewels or runes and their mods will also remain. Armor refers to any sort of armor, including helms, boots, belts, gloves and shields, not just body armor.

Transmute Formula 1 Lum Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Exceptional Unique Weapon = Elite Version of Weapon (Ladder Only)
    This formula changes the base item type from the exceptional to elite version. For example a Cleaver is turned into a Small Crescent. This does NOT convert the item to the Elite Unique version of the Exceptional Unique Item. Unique item bonuses remain the same; only the item it's based on is upgraded. This can be used to upgrade Ethereal Items also. They will continue to be Ethereal after they are upgraded. You cannot do this formula unless you are using a Ladder Character. Also if the item is socketed, then jewels or runes and their mods will also remain.

Transmute Formula 1 Ko Rune + 1 Lem Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Exceptional Unique Armor = Elite Version of Armor (Ladder Only)
    This formula changes the base item type from the exceptional to elite version. For example Ghost Armor is turned into a Dusk Shroud. This does NOT convert the item to the Elite Unique version of the Unique Item. Unique item bonuses remain the same; only the item it's based on is upgraded. This can be used to upgrade Ethereal Items also. They will continue to be Ethereal after they are upgraded. You cannot do this formula unless you are using a Ladder Character. Also if the item is socketed, then jewels or runes and their mods will also remain. Armor refers to any sort of armor, including helms, boots, belts, gloves and shields, not just body armor.

But there's also lots of other usefull stuff there. Enjoy your read :)

5. nepeta

nepeta IncGamers Member

Beat me by... < 1 minute :p