Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some questions

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Oblivious, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Oblivious

Oblivious IncGamers Member

Some questions

1. What is the maximun number of sockets that Larzuk can give in normal ?

2. Are the first two levels of Nihlathak's dungeons randomly generated ?

3. What do you advise doing with Charsi's imbue ?

I'm trying to get a decent MF for my lvl 46 Fishy (first character after wipe) with PTopazes socketed into armor and helms.

2. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

1. six. remember you can use the reward later. and Larzuk does not care anything but the ilvl and item type.

2. As far as I know, yes.

3. use it as a free gamble.

3. Rugruth

Rugruth IncGamers Member

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

1. whatever the max is for that base item. so a hydra bow can have any number up to 6, but a dagger can only have a max of 2 from his reward.

2. Yes, but I tend to see patterns in mine about half the time, where the stairs to next level are in the same place on both maps. but not always. remember though, the stairs will always be on the edge of the map, so just pick a direction, find the edge, and follow it around.

3. I leave mine until i complete hell. that way you should be around the mid 80's and can get almost all mods. its best to use elite items if its a weapon or armour, but if its something that doesnt depend on dmg/def (ie: a wand depends on mods, not damage) then go ahead and use normal items, since the reqs will be easier.

5. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

1. The same as in the other difficulties:
    * One socket in set/unique/rare/crafted items
    * 1-2 sockets (50/50 chance of each) in magical items
    * The maximum number of sockets in non-magical items, according to their item type and item level. See this list (it´s mostly correct, except for circlet type gear).
    However, I think socketing an armor piece just to get many sockets is a big waste of the socket rewards...

Suggested socketed MF items for use:
    Armor:
    * Buy 3-socketed Breast Plates from Normal Fara
    * Gothic Plates (requires 70 STR) that drop in NM can have 4 sockets.
    Headgear:
    * Gambled 'Circlet of Luck' (up to 35% MF; or a rare with up to 25% MF and other goodies)
    * Shop Larzuk in Normal for an Artisan´s Great Helm (3 sockets). The item level in this act is capped at 45, and that is too low for 'Artisan´s' to spawn on the Crowns he sells. Just look at the Great Helms. You need to bee clvl 39 or more to have the chance to see Artisan´s Great Helms. You can also shop 3-socketed helms in NM. First chance there is an Artisan´s Mask from Ormus. They have a nice low STR requirement as well.

2. Yes, although there are some elements that are always there. One golden chest on each of the levels, and one Evil Urn and a waypoint on Halls of Pain. In Normal, you always meet the same monsters there. Halls of Valor has Prowling Dead and Night Lords (Frenzytaurs). Halls of Pain has Undead Corpses, Death Brawlers and Putrid Defilers.

@farting bob:
    You actually mean you don´t full-clear those floors? :eek: I´ll never understand some of you guys (shakes head...). ;)

3. Depends totally on the character. I use imbues on:
    * Class-specific items that can´t be gambled (orbs, necro heads, etc.)
    * circlets (Tiaras can get any affix if you imbue them at clvl 73+, and Diadems can always get any affix).
    * Elite weapons. Either for the character or for the merc. In your case and if you use an act 2 merc, I suggest using all three imbues on ethereal elite spears/polearms. If you can hold off using it until clvl 74, the imbued weapon can get Cruel damage.

6. Warrior of Light

Warrior of Light IncGamers Member

3) You create an item with Item Level=Your Character Level + 4. So higher level character you use better items you get. However there are a few interesting exceptions from this rule. If items quality level is higher then resulted item level (character level + 4), than the game uses it, so any char can imbue elite items with good properties.
    Although, circlet class items has special magic level, that increases their affix level. So save your imbues until you find white diadem, then imbue it! Diadems ALWAYS may have ANY properties, that may spawn on helms and amulets. So you may get +2 to skills diadem by your low level character. :)

7. Oblivious

Oblivious IncGamers Member

Cool ! Thanx guys

8. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Larzuk cares greatly about the ilvl, it's what determines the maximum sockets for that specific item, if you don't believe me get a low quality suwayyah and use the upgrade to normal quality then have Larzuk socket it with your 2 sockets when suwayyah's are a 3 maximum socket claw (when they drop).

This is the very reason why +3 claw mastery chaos claws are not in existance.

9. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Yep, and that´s exactly what DeathMaster meant, I think. But he happened to leave out a word in that sentence. I think it should have read:

"...Larzuk does not care about anything but the ilvl and item type."

10. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

3. Well some great choices have already been mentioned, but I usually do ethereal dimensional/crystal swords with the hopes that I finally get some good mods and can upgrade it :)

11. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

PWNED by jiansonz :eek:

I R n00b in term of english.