Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some questions.....

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by frosty, Mar 25, 2005.

1. frosty

frosty IncGamers Member

Some questions.....

While I was planning out my new zon for the nth time, I stumbled on some questions and wasn't sure what the best answer will be. So........please give me a hand here. ;)

1) A multizon doing max 2k damage, is it considered low?

2) Which is better for a multizon, a poison based one with lots of poison sc or one multi-element one? Mainly concerned about the duration of the poison damage.

3) Does an Ormus robes with +to Glacial Spike or Ice blast work on an act three ice mage?

4) I read somewhere that for ctc effects, only the centre 2 arrows of a multishot will work. Is that true?

That's all for now. Thanks for any replies. :)

2. Dan334477

Dan334477 IncGamers Member

3A) Ormus robes will not increase glacial spike on an A3 merc. It says +3 glacial spike (sorceress only) and the A3 mercs don't count as sorceresses.

3. tenaka

tenaka IncGamers Member

1) 1-2000 or 1999-2000? I always like to look at average not max. Max is so misleading. Also is this before or after the poison mentioned in 2?

2) Its always been my experience that with poison you get less than you expect. Its very commonly immuned or resisted and its not immediate. A multizon probably makes better use of it by the nature of how she attacks so it depends on how much you are getting over how much time. I'd rather have 500 other elements than 2000 poison over 4 seconds, but I'll take that 2000 poison over 200 other elements.

3) No, sorc only as already stated.

4) I know it doesn't affect all of them but whether its first, first two, first three or exactly how many it affects I don't know for sure.

4. frosty

frosty IncGamers Member

actually the calculator turned out roughly 400 - 2200. No poison damage.

5. tenaka

tenaka IncGamers Member

Ok so you've got an average of 1300. I'd be fine with that (assuming a decent fpa) but then I don't twink so I'm used to doing less damage and killing slower than most SPFers. Someone will probably follow up in a few minutes saying how you shouldn't consider a build that does less than 5k ;)

6. DudSpud

DudSpud IncGamers Member

I am mostly a strafer, so feel free to ignore me... Actually, that seems darn good to me, assuming its going at a decent rate (say 8 maybe 9 fpa). How are you achieving this kind of damage. It seems too good to be true.
    I like some poison for PMH, but not for damage per se. The problem is that you are likely going to need to hit multiple times, and so it will reset the poison each time.
    Sadly, yes, this is true. Try it for yourself and see. If you want to be a procazon, go with strafe.

Good luck,
    DudSpud

7. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

1) Depends on how slow you're shooting :) I don't think its bad unless your ar and speed is poor.

2) I would say only poison with a short duration would be good. Otherwise, not much point stacking it.

3) Checking the Ultimate merc guide, +skills on Ormus works on Act III mercs. Here's the link

4) IIRC, for multishot, its the 4 middle arrows that have ctc.

Nice bow there btw :) Just go with a might merc and own those monsters!

8. frosty

frosty IncGamers Member

Silence perfect superior crusader bow with CoH and plenty of +damage items.
    With 90IAs, it is going at 9fpa.

9. poopie_pants

poopie_pants IncGamers Member

Frosty, I'd be very interested in hearing your plans for this "dream" multi-shot amazon :). I loved playing MS zons in 1.09, but they don't seem as appealing as some of the other builds now (e.g. strafer). Also, I've heard you talk about using the Silence runeword, and I was wondering why this bow in particular?

-PP

10. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

My zon is strafer too. She only does max 900ish damage after might merc. She could handle anything in Hell just fine. 2K damage is godly for me.

11. frosty

frosty IncGamers Member

Outlining my build a bit, please note that most of this is still theoretical.

A dexzon with about 320 in dex, 90 in str and 100 in vit.

Using a silence crusader bow as it is of 2 that can have 6 sockets. the amazon bows can have only 5 at the most. A superior one as bows have no durability.

Using the hit blind target for crowd control with massive resistances offered by CoH and Silence. Fast enough to hit 9fpa for multi or 9/3 for strafe.

Strafe is more powerful with scaling damage. But multishot offers mobility.

Using a rare 2 socketed circlet for style points ( I like the bouncing ponytail :p) and 30IAs. +Skills should be +7 with highlords and a rare gloves for the last 20 IAS. Boots is war travellers and rings would be ravenfrost and a dual leech ring. Merc should be a might one but it doesn't really matter.

Inventory is to be filled with dual modded sc of elemental damage.

and note that if the ctc with multishot is correct then I will be making a strafer with it. She's supposed to run RoF anyway. :D

edit: Forgot to add that on switch is a Hellrack.

12. Gorish

Gorish IncGamers Member

CtC works on the centre 2 arrows only. Make a multizon anyway though, they're very cool :p

13. frosty

frosty IncGamers Member

How about I make a strafe/Ms hybrid? :D

That would be funny. A zon with an identity crisis.

14. Sleepless

Sleepless IncGamers Member

It could be a good idea : multi-shot doesn't requiere to be maxed and you have a decent amount of +skill. (i.e the mana cost grow by 1 for each additionnal arrow and more than 12 arrows starts to be overkill)

15. Gorish

Gorish IncGamers Member

Yeah it would work quite well I'd say. Especially since you have CoH and Silence already covering your resists, providing skills, and adding a fair bit of damage (especially to demons and undead), you could put a goodly amount of skillers and damage charms in your inventory.

Oh and BTW (just because I'm jealous): j00 mus7 h4c|< n00b, j00 haev CoH!11!!one

16. frosty

frosty IncGamers Member

Actually I am tending more towards a strafer now, considering that the damage calculator says that the damage is around 3k++. :rolleyes:

But even if I put 10 points in Penetrate, 5 each in CS/pierce and make it to 50% in D/A/E, and max out strafe, I still have 30 skill points to play with.

So here is another question.

Magic arrow / Multishot / Guided arrow?

edit: @Gorish: :p

17. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

I have a Witchyzon strafer that does well on p8 hell. No CoH or anything too.

CoH is awesome for a strafer ... but have you considered making a Delerium helm? To me, hands down the most "effective" strafer helm if only for one thing: ctc confuse.

Strafing the ctc confuse goes off ALL the time and you pretty much sit there strafing away while confuse goes off and all the monsters move aimlessly around you not really attacking anything. Your merc and Valk clean up the mess. It's the King of crowd control if you don't have necro AI curses.

One other thing ... can 30ias appear on a circlet? I thought that 20ias was the most.

Also, if you want to be a pure strafer then max out Penetrate because even with max Pene you may "only" have 87 % chance to hit in hell unless you have really good sources of AR enhancement. Or if you use Demon Limb every 6 minutes which takes up inventory/cube space which can be a pain.

Otherwise, if you have lots of skill points left then go hybrid and put 20 into LF.

Or buff your Valk. Enhance your Decoy.

Forget poison for the most part because if you don't have it synergized then it may not do "enough" damage for you.

Maybe put in a point into Jab so if you're doing Baal on p8 you can slap on some crushing blow gear.

18. frosty

frosty IncGamers Member

I already have a Fury witchyzon. No intentions on improving her or building another. I like pure bowzons. :p

Delirium will conflict with hit blinds target as it works like the necro's dim vision spell. And confuse will not render monsters close to you immobile.

20IAS should be the most, but I am aiming for a 2 socket one so that I can throw 2 x IAS jewels into it to hit 30IAS.

To hit is not much of a problem as I am happy with 80% ++ to hit and spare points could be thrown if required. I don't intend to go bow/jav hybrid as I intend to build a pure LF javzon, a fendzon and a rebuild of my lightning spearzon. Plenty of chances to play with jav skills then.

Thanks for the advice anyway . :)

19. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

True that. However, for the most part as a strafer you shouldn't have monsters close to you at all if you play in space and position properly ... but hit blinds target is a really nice effect. I played with one of the unique helms that offers HBT and it was really nice. I would also consider Silence if I had the extra runes.

Now that I think about it I also suppose you could find/gamble a rare circlet with 20 IAS with mechanic's (yeah, right) or socket it and get total 35 IAS.

20. Reborn2k

Reborn2k IncGamers Member

I like multishot, too and tried to make a multizon, but I got bored in normal act 3 :eek: ! However, you will need all physical damage you can get.

Normally a dexzon puts most of the points in dex, strength for reqs and nothing (!) in vit. You get your life from equipment and charms. I dunno about your silence bow. It's a nice bow, but for a multizon, I'd use a windforce or, if you don't have a(who has that....... ^^), an upped goldstrike arch. It has more IAS and up to 200% dmg to demons and undead. You might consider Lionheart, it has a nice lifebonus and enhanced damage. Put 9 points into pierce (with +skills) and equip a razortail. Critical strike 16 (with items, the increase is low after lvl 16) and maybe max later.

I read that poeple got 4-5k damage (although max). Also think that you get a lot of hidden damage like a fanazealot, critical strike, %ed to demons/undead... At a decent speed and with the right equipment it can indeed be devastating.