Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some questions

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by WakkaWakkaWakka, Apr 3, 2004.

1. WakkaWakkaWakka

WakkaWakkaWakka Banned

Some questions

1. What's the best way to fight pindle?(I would guess Ama kills fastest)
    2. What's seed everyone is talking about? Map?
    3. Who/What is Lister?

~~~~~~~~~

Thank you

// Wakka

2. AdunaCCDanimoth

AdunaCCDanimoth IncGamers Member

1.) Pindles weak enough that even a Cleric could kill him. Use your imagination.
    2.) Yes, a seed is the name given to a randomly gerenated map.
    3.) The evil T-Rex thing that you fight before you go to Baal.

3. Zertuals_Ovrlrd

Zertuals_Ovrlrd IncGamers Member

1. Yes, Lightning Fury is very adept at slaughtering pindle.

2. Yes, it is map seed. Some people believe that different map seeds seem to drop the rare items more often, while other map seeds drop squat. So if someone is having bad luck, they tend to blame it on the map seed, and switch difficulties, or join MP, to get a new map. My opinion on map seed is that it's mostly superstition, but I'm a supersticious person ;) . Someone like Doc or Thrugg will tell you that map seed DOES have an effect on drops, they're just not sure what effect.

3. Lister the Tormentor, is the last wave of Baals minions.

Z_O

4. MeBrutox

MeBrutox IncGamers Member

1 There are many different methods, blizzard sorcs, lightning zons, even a barb using howl to send the minions fleeing.

2 Every map, has a specific seed to it (a series of numbers), there is a way to add the seed number to the start up line for the Diablo to always get the same map

3 Lister is unique Baal's minion that you face right before you head into the portal to face Baal himself.

5. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

1 - i prefer blizzsorc (kills everyting in pindles house with couple blizzys at players 8 (for exp)
    if you prefer players 1 then a bonecaster with maxed CE does the job very well (pindle and his minions can´t be imune to him) he also clears pindles garden very well
    never tried a lightzon in 1.10 but it´s not hard to imagine that it´s good vs pindle and his dudes.

2 - already answered

3 - se #2

good luck !!

6. red_devil

red_devil IncGamers Member

a related question.. can i finish D2 hell without finishing the anya quest.. bcos she has the portal up and with it open it hardly takes me any time killing pindle.. and if i kill nihltalak (sp??) the portal would eb closed an i have to use the waypoint which sucks.. even with teleport.. if the portals open all the time i can run pindle like crazy.. also if i finish D2 will the portal be still up.. anyone??

7. Zertuals_Ovrlrd

Zertuals_Ovrlrd IncGamers Member

Yes, you can kill Baal without doing that quest, in fact I don't think a single one of my characters have in hell difficulty :lol:

However, I think you can kill Nilithak and still leave the portal open, by not getting the WP on your way to Nili. Don't take my word for it until someone confirms it.

Z_O

8. slowpoke

slowpoke IncGamers Member

1) you can finish the game without doing quest

2) the portal will go down if both the waypoint is touched and nihl is killed. It sounds like you have already touched waypoint, so don't kill nihl to keep portal open. (Don't touch waypoint with next character)

good luck with rest of act 5!

9. MeBrutox

MeBrutox IncGamers Member

Like Zertual said, you can skip that quest completely, however I also kill the necromancer just to make sure I complete all quests.

However you will not close the portal the next time you come in as long as you have not activated the waypoint. This is confirmed, as I never have a problem with it, and also complete the quest.

10. red_devil

red_devil IncGamers Member

thanks m8.. :buddies: but id rather not kill that corpse exploding old guy and have the portal open than risk having the portal closed..

and finally i can have my first matriarch.. i was addicted to running pindle afraid that the portal will close.. now i can finish off baal and revist mr pindle..

who btw dropped me lightsaber, tombreaver, a unique kraken shell, widowmaker and few other goodies in abt 40 mins.. :clap: