Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some questions regarding wind druid, please help.

Discussion in 'Druid' started by kaijin1981, Jan 31, 2004.

1. kaijin1981

kaijin1981 IncGamers Member

Some questions regarding wind druid, please help.

1. how wind druid deal with physical immune monster since his main attack is tornado, which is considered a physical attack?

2. is it possible we'll meet some monster which is immune to physical and cold? if so, how wind druid suppose to deal with them?

3. i read many wind druid guides, and most of them give the advice not to add anything in the energy. why? i thought wind druid is an elemental druid and he needs a lot of mana for that.

4. is life and mana leech works for tornado, twister and hurricane?

5. is raven skill useful for wind druid?

sorry for asking so many questions.
    i am a newbie to druid so please kindly give me some advice.
    thanks guys! :)

2. guesswhosBACK

guesswhosBACK Banned

1. Usually i'm in parties with lots of other sorces, but if u play solo i guess hurricane would be good against these monsters, but not in hell tho
    they have way too much life for ur hurricane to even make a dent in them.

2. It is possible, but kind of rare, usually if im by myself, i just run away and find some other monsters to kill, there wont be much so u really dont have to worry about them.

3. The reason not to add energy is because as u lvl and progress ur mana increases per lvl, and also there are many items which give a giant boost to ur mana supply/ regeneration. So there is really no need for putting points in energy, as you can sue those points in vitality. The guides are assuming that u can get these items, but there are many cheap items that give u alot of mana, one example would be frostburns (gloves) they give u 40% extra mana.

Well unless u play single player or u cant get the gear at all, you should go ahead and put some points into energy, or at lower lvls u feel u really need some more mana feel free to throw some points into energy.

4.Nope, but u can get %mana returned per kill or #mana returned per kill.

5. not really, the real usefulness of ravens is to blind targets, and to have a successful % of blinding targets u need alot of points in them. And u do not have many points to spare, as points are much better spent elsewhere.

3. kaijin1981

Thanks guesswhosback!

anyway i am playing a single player game. besides the wind skills, i noticed that armageddon can do lots of damages with all the synergies bonus ! did u see any guides try to make an armageddon druid b4?

4. kaijin1981

ah..one more question, please help! :D

since tornado and twister and (50%?)Hurricane are physical attack, they are always hit skill or related to attack rating?

thanks! :)

5. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

its not related to attack rating.

6. corax

corax IncGamers Member

1. my wind druid uses a maxed out hurricane to kill PI monsters. it only does like 1500 damage but it is enough to kill in hell
    2. yea CI/PI monsters are rather annoying...there are lots in the countess tower. those damn ghosts. i just have a point in armageddon and all my + skills raise it to like lvl 10 and it does just enough dmg to kill the boss very slowly..but i hate leaving monsters alive
    3. tornadoes only cost like 10 mana to cast so they arent a great drain on your orb. but if you cant get the higher end items that give stacks of many i find that a base energy of about 50 is plenty with frostburns on
    4. no tornadoes dont leech. pity really.
    5.no ravens are rather useless. unless you play a fire druid who uses a ravenlore pelt. buahaha. then they are cool

7. guesswhosBACK

guesswhosBACK Banned

Well Armageddon looks good on paper, but really it doesnt work to well when u actually try it.
    1. The cast delay for fire skills is wayyy too long for faster cast rate to be much of any use (with the exeption of firestorm which is only 0.7 seconds)

2. Armageddon hits radonly on the screen so it is pretty hard to actually hit any targets. U can use armageddon for 50seconds and only hit like 2 guys.

3. But check out Garbad's Primal Flame guide for a really good un-twinked fire elementalist guide

8. simmk81

simmk81 IncGamers Member

armageddon is one of those spells that you can use in wereform so it's more ideal for a wereform built. imo, fire < wind tree as damage dealt is pathetic and there are about 2x more monsters that are fire immune than there are cold immunes and going pure fire is going to make your life real miserable. just my $0.02.

9. dragonmount

dragonmount IncGamers Member

I usually play 8 player games pvm so there is usually a char that can handle them. Many times, however, I go off on my own and even with maxed hurricane, synergies and 9 ele charms, the cane does not kill phys immune fast enough. This is where my merc comes in. Can I say I love my merc? If you can get the merc a reapers toll, he will attack fairly fast and have a very good chance to cast decrepify. On the majority of phys immune monsters, the decrepify will remove the physical immunity and you will be able to get the kill. Some tougher guys such as a phys immune heph (for hellforge/river runs) the merc may need to hit with a couple of decreps. If it doesn't remove the phys immune status, I usually just go on.
    Another great thing about the decrep... It makes your nado's do even more damage! In summary... I love my merc!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current USEast Ladder 90+ chars:
    95 wind druid
    96 FO sorc

10. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Hurricane can take care of most phys immunes eventually.

Yes, I see them sometimes, you pretty much have to skip them.

You get mana from other items, if you're pvm a bit of energy is not so bad since it can make your life easier, but base energy is fine.

No

Slightly..I don't use it, but pvm yes.

11. kaijin1981

Thanks for the quik replys guys! :D

i am level 27 now on pvm but i have a huge problem. how u guys aim the tornado?? i am getting sicked with it as i hardly hit those monster which gathered at the corner. n those tornado kept drifting away from the original direction, pissing me off..sigh.

can u guys give me some advice about how to aim?

thanks again! :)

12. simmk81

simmk81 IncGamers Member

check the other posts. another word of advice: practice. use the shift attack and practice the aim.