Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some Questions on Resists

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Shinakuma, May 12, 2005.

1. Shinakuma

Shinakuma IncGamers Member

Some Questions on Resists

Sorry to be noobish but some people seem to be a little confused as to the lowest possible value you can lower a monster's resists to. As far as I know its -100%. Some people are trying to argue that it goes as low as -200%.

Secondly, I know that Unique and Super-Unique Monsters have immunities but do bosses do? Personally I dont think so, but I need some others to back me up on this.

Third question is: If a monster has an immunity to fire for instance, does that mean after i use a skill such as Conviction or Lower Resist then its immunity just turns into Fire Resistance 90%?

Lastly, can someone give me the updated stats on the act Bosses for 1.10?

Thanks.

2. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

-100% is the lower cap for both monsters and players.

If by bosses you mean act bosses then there are no act bosses with immunites. If you mean quest bosses like the ancients, they can spawn with immunites. IIRC, one is always cold immune in hell.

Conviction, lower resists, other -res% items will still work on an immune monster but only at 1/5th their listed value.

The Arreat Summit is actually correct for something, the act bosses stats (only the act bosses, Andariel, Duriel, Mephisto, Diablo, Baal, and I'm not certain about Uber Diablo but I would assume for him to also be correct in this case.

3. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

You're right about everything, except the part I quoted from you here.

100% or more to a certain resistance makes the carrier immuun to that certain resistance. Only conviction and lower resist can lower anything beyond 99%. Nothing else, no item, no other skill. (they will lower it ofcourse, once conviction or lower resist breaks it to under 100%)

Also, conviction and lower resist don't drop to 1/5 effect against immuun monsters. Only the part that is needed to break the immunity drops to 1/5, once the resistance of the monster is 99%, the rest will drop the resistance normally.

This may sound confusing, so I'll explain it in a nice example.

You're facing a monster that has 105% resistance. To break this immunity you need 6% (to get it to 99%) at a 1/5 rate, so 30% lower resist. So if you have a lower resist (or conviction) of 60%, you'll break the immunity and drop the resistance to 69%.

If it is still not clear, ask me for more information :thumbsup:

4. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

I thought the same thing and posted accordingly way back when in the stats forum, and Thrugg replied nicely and showed me the light: