Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

some questions concering WW armor and others.

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by ChaosJester, Oct 3, 2006.

1. ChaosJester

ChaosJester IncGamers Member

some questions concering WW armor and others.

Hi, ive got some questions im not sure about, plz help. im useing a BvA barb, Hes WW.

1. Im trying to decide between a Archon plate fort and a Shadow plate fort. ive heard a rumor that wearing heavy armor will "slow u down" and enable more hits and more damage on WW. is this true? or should i go archon? plz help me out on this one.

2.If I "up" my gore riders will i notice an improvement on their performance or just more def? i guess this goes for arreats to, or any other armor.

3. ive heard about "rolling" grand charm skillers so that they can have more bonuses instead of just +1 to a skill tree. can i roll these skillers so that they also add more dex? how so? can u point me to a site that explains this in more detail and for beginners? id really appreciate it.

im new to this board so thanks for any help u can give me.

2. ChaosJester

plz help...

3. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

1. use archon its good armor and its not a rumor but fact that heavy armrmors slow your run speed.

2.if you up your gores you get more def but also a high str requirement, so
    its not worth it imo.

3. rolling charms happens with using the horadric cube and any gc dropped in hell . i believe in the statistics forum here there is a guide to mgfing crafting andm rolling , i suggeslt you read it, its really comprehensive

4. ChaosJester

thanks for the replies :) that answers some questions
    and ok so the rumor is true, but does heavy armor increase your WW performance? does it allow more hits and damage?

5. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Well, it slows your running speed, and since WW movement is determined by the running speed, it slows down your WW movement. Thus you stay in a short range for more time. This makes it so that you get more hits, but also you're hit more.

Only useful in BvB though, as it will cripple your triwhirls a lot. Archon Plate is the best overall armor for Enigma. The only few people I've seen use other types have been BvCs, BvAs or league players (who btw mostly use Sacred Armor Enigma for defense, as teleport is not allowed and fortitude is banned).

6. ChaosJester

thank u olba for helping me
    im a level ** WW B V A.
    i just do normal public dueling so far. no tournaments or leagues.
    i used a archon plate and a shadow plate for WW. i noticed run walk speed made a difference, but not to much with WW..
    so would u recommend the archon plate?

7. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

If I'm to ever recommend any armor, be that day my day of Doom.

However, I can say this much: Always use a light armor. Use whatever armor you like, just as long as you do not need to put extra points into STR just to use the armor.