Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some questions about my mavs set

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by bug_eater, Feb 15, 2004.

1. bug_eater

bug_eater IncGamers Member

Some questions about my mavs set

undefinedI recently found mavs bow and traded for the rest of the set and I have some questions. First off, my current zon uses immolation arrow and strafe so i was dissapointed to see that the full set bonus for 20% cold damage wont help my current build. So I am starting a new FA/Strafe zon. :rant: My first question is: What do I need to reatch max breakpoint...(And plz no complicated math, just an Ias jewel or whatever;) Second can it be achieved if i nef my bow?...and last: Is this the best build for this set? Hey Im a frequent reader here so take it easy on me if I sound like I dont have a clue :hanky: Thanks for any input!

2. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

well my own full mav set uses fa/strafe and LF . she is a hybrid

and it is great myself i made it so that i got 120% ias thats 8/2 strafe or 9/2 strafe speed if i recall right.

to do this i shealed the bow and but 1as jewels into the diadem and the armour.

for strafe is great and works well against CI but if they arent LI and its a big pack i swith to LF.

but thats because mine is a hybrid.

the amazon faq should have the breakpoints for strafe as im not sure of my breakpoint you should check that out

3. bug_eater

bug_eater IncGamers Member

So what youre saying is that I should try to obtain as mutch ias as possible within the set? Because i recently found a perfect fire facet and Im pretty sure I could trade this for a cold one. Is this a better option or do I need all 3 sockets for Ias to obtain a breakpoint?.....Im so confused.:(

4. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

more or less yes but there should be a ias calculator floating around on the forums you should check that one out.

the cold facet might be a good idea. its your choice

playing my hybrid can be stressful sometimes as she has no KB at all

5. Boooyakasha

Boooyakasha IncGamers Member

Bear in mind there is a 4 frame 'Next-Delay' feature in Strafe. Generally when Strafing you will align yourself so that you can shoot all the arrows through a pack of monsters, in this case may be 2/3 of your arrows will miss.

6. Mrmorphling

Mrmorphling IncGamers Member

A solution to leave open one socket would be:

Higlord wrath amulet (or the other 20ias amu, cat's eye iirc), then stick 2x 15ias in the set and you have one open socket.

You'll need 50ias to reach a confortable strafe speed.

7. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

from a few of the threads i searched, one bp is 89 (so a shael in the bow = 90) - this is what i have done atm - still got empty sockets in helm and armour which i plan on ptopazing for 48 extra mf. That said i haven't taken her into Hell yet, she is lvl 71 so i'll try her thru hell today, but i really don't want to use those extra sockets for IAS unless i really feel it's needed.

Also i have left both Strafe & MS at just 1 point - slvl ~9 i irc with +skills. I think i prefer strafe, but i hear about the locking and the missing arrows so again i'll test drive both in act1/2 hell, (she is going to be a pitrunner mainly), and then pump a few extra into the skill i prefer. But i think i'll have quite a few skill points spare as my D/A/e are all 40-50%, peirce is ~79%, penetrate is ~9 and crit strike is ~60%, so i may put a few into both S/MS so i can use whichever i like at that time.
    Maxed FA / Maxed Cold Arrow / slvl 17 Valk inc +skills.

So Hell may be the testing time, but i just need to be able to pitrun, so hopefully i can tweak her with the remaining stats points (~150) and the ~12 or so skill points spare atm.