Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

some questions about my GA zon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by deademon, Sep 9, 2006.

1. deademon

deademon IncGamers Member

some questions about my GA zon

hey hows it goin...i have a couple of questions but first ill show my gearz and stats/skills

bow: wf (8% ml)
    armor: 160/60
    helm: 8/8/17 gaze
    ammy: highlords
    boots: gores
    gloves: mavs
    belt: mavs
    ring 1: duel leech(3ml ,7ll)
    ring 2: 197/20 raven

1x bow gc

no switch yet

22 guided
    12 multi
    12 dodge
    7 avoid
    12 evade
    16 crit strike
    2 penetrate
    2 pierce

146 str (104 original)
    276 dex
    100 vita
    15 energy

guided dam: 340-3196
    multi dam: 221-2023

1)9x bow gcs a good idea???
    2)fort as opposed to 160/60???
    3)dracs as opposed to mavs
    4) nos coil??
    5) i know..i dont have torch or anni yet
    6) if i do go fort should i got faith to help ias or could i give it to merc and us wf??
    7) or for a merc would it be a better idea to go might/conc(pride) and use faith
    8)290s a good idea??
    9)anyother way to boost dam??
    10) i know...also atma scarab instead of highlords??

and anyother advice would be helpful and appreiciated...sry in advance for spelling or grammical errors

thanks alot

2. deademon

wow sry i thought the skills and stats would have stayed spread out...

fixed it nvm

3. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

Is this PvM or PvP?

4. deademon

pvp sry : /

5. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

No. Bowcharms do little for your damage. For PvP you want GCs 10max damage/ar/frw(or life)
    Fortitude
    Rare/crafted with +2 passive/20IAS/Knockback would be your best choice here.
    Yes
    Get them asap
    Get Faith GmB and forget about merc. Mercs are no good PvP
    Might/Pride merc is the best choice with GmB Faith when you PvM
    I mentioned the charms + you also want a 145ed/45IAS Helm with 30FRW. 45 IAS is the key here, you must have 45 to reach the last Guided IAS breakpoint.
    Cats Eye PvP

6. Koshio

Koshio IncGamers Member

I would say you might be better off with zero vitality to maximise damage. The only real downside to this is getting owned by auradins/dreamers, but you get one or two shotted by everything anyway.
    9x Bow GCs would *not* be a good idea. Those are valuable slots that can be used for damage charms.
    Assuming the 60% is IAS, keep the 160/60. 40% damage isn't worth 60% IAS, unless you can figure an easy way to get more for your breakpoint.
    I assume you're using M'av combo for the extra strength.. I think you should just pony up the extra 30 strength for some leeway in terms of what items you use. Also, unless you desperately want run/walk speed, lose the M'av belt. You have tons of mana leech anyway.
    Seeing as you'll be dueling, I don't understand how you expect to keep your mercs alive :/ Unless you want to pay up 50k every few minutes. Just go with either WF or Faith for the nearest breakpoint.
    I would say get Atma's if you want to put a little faith into your luck. When amp procs, no doubt you'll really own whoever you're attacking, but the problem is getting amp to proc :/

You seem to use a lot of your slots for leech. Leech really doesn't work in PvP for a bowazon. Your means of survivability are speed and mousemanship. Good practice would be to find a 200+ FCR Fireball sorceress and have them try to kill you. Start dodging them fireballs :)

As far as a switch goes, I would suggest Harmony. The extra speed is invaluable for evading hammerdins and sorces.

Your helm, I would say get a 120/45. Vamp gaze isn't helping you with damage or speed, which are the basis of a pvp bowzon.

Lastly, try to get that dex up to 400, and fill your inventory with max damage charms. That'll boost your damage immensely :)

7. deademon

thx alot 4 the help

8. Perfect Hatred

Perfect Hatred IncGamers Member

How do you plan to handle monsters immune to physical? multi or GA wont work.

9. deademon

...i dont mean to sound like a ... :shocked: ...but last time i checked in pvp there where no pi's... just 50%dr...

10. Skinhead On The MBTA

Skinhead On The MBTA IncGamers Member

That's true, but you have to level the character somehow. I'm guessing using a Harmony on switch, or just letting the merc deal with PIs.

11. deademon

g-rush to hell chaos lvl to 60-70 baal till u feel like its enough...100% of the time there will be someone else there...unless u lvl by yourself...then maybe have hellrack..i believe is its name...tons of ele dam...its a crossbow..put that on switch...or ice rw?? meh just suggesting i dont really know

12. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Merc with reapers toll works well for phys immune also.

Faith matri has to be worth considering also as it hits the top bfs faster than gmb ,freeing up lots of ias slots.Im sure there is someone out there who may have reasons why gmb is better though?:smiley:

13. Perfect Hatred

Perfect Hatred IncGamers Member

Reapers toll is very nice especially if its ethereal, makes your merc immortal essentially. But keep in mind some super unique monsters have immunity so high -50% from decrepify wont break. As a last resort I guess magic arrow will kill them even if its slow.

14. smeer

smeer IncGamers Member

I find reapers very good to, maybe even better than pride, especially when PIs are involved and even more so if you consider price