Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some questions about my future project (bladesin)

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by double d, Jan 30, 2004.

1. double d

double d IncGamers Member

Some questions about my future project (bladesin)

Well, i read the blade fury/death sentry guide ago, and found it quite nice, but since the crash, i don't seem to be able to find, so would anyone mind giving me advice (skill/stat/item) on my future bladesin, bear in mind that i most likely won't lvl past lvl 85, take 80 to be sure. I'd really appreciate it if u could list items from like: shako: best choice, peasant crown if u don't have one, and so on and so on....

Double D

2. double d

double d IncGamers Member

Anyone??

Double D

3. Rekkless

Rekkless IncGamers Member

heh... you know what modes work with each blade? If you don't read the Updation thread... Then, use Arreat Summit to find what equip has the mods you're looking for...

:D

4. zanzibar68

zanzibar68 IncGamers Member

One thing you are going to be needing is AR or ITD, I noticed with my BF sin that I had a lot of trouble hitting things until I started using an ITD weapon. Even then, you are going to need some AR for uniques.

I use Nat's set, it works pretty well for BF / DS, if you decide to go the straight damage, rather than CB route. I didn't think Nat's mark would be as good as it is, actually, but the damage to demons and undead mods, and ITD are very sweet things for this build. If you use full Nat's set, and fade (BOS doesn't help BF), you really don't need much more in the way of resists, so you have a lot of freedom in your other eq choices,

Zan

5. Anidem

Anidem Banned

Here's a littlr seceret from my blader. Baraners, excellent damage from a 1 handed weapon and all elemenals covered to help soloing against immunes.
    I was dissapoined that BF needs ar, seems to defeat the point of costing mana and 1/4 damage to throw an object. but at least using baraners u can equip a good shield to save skill points in fade and claw blocking since u need the dex to hit neways.

6. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

I've heard CM doesn't help with the AR or damage.

Enchant Charges can help AR and they last a pretty long while too. You also may need a Blessed Aim merc

7. Anidem

Anidem Banned

It doesn't help with blade damage since it's based in base weapon damage.
    But I assume it gives to ar assuming your using claws.

8. lextalionis

Its been reported on here that it does not effect AR

9. Madmartagan2002

Madmartagan2002 IncGamers Member

Mods

My assumption is that for Blade Fury you want high damage, and fast attack speed. -(Implies 2 handed sword). Previous to 1.10 Crushing blow worked with Blade Fury, don't know if it still does.

10. Madmartagan2002

Madmartagan2002 IncGamers Member

Venom

Also, does Venom work with Blade Fury?

11. Anidem

Anidem Banned

Another great idea (BF) Screwed by Blizzard. Its just stupid to have to use mana to throw an object with no bonuses, nerfed weapon damage and now mastery dosent help either. Bettter off being a pure thrower.

12. Anidem

Anidem Banned

Yea venom now works with BF and supposedly BS and blade shield.

13. lextalionis

Venom works, but it suffers the same damage penalty as other elemental damage.

Second, IAS or attack speed isn't that important to the build since the speed is I believe 6 frames per attack. Only the initial casting of BF is based on your weapon speed. So that isn't as important a mod as you might think.

Do know that their is a two handed weapon damage penalty (this was a terrible nerf by Blizz, but they did it) So two handed weapons are worthless for the build.

14. Anidem

Anidem Banned

Didn't know that, what is it? Just another reason to keep my baraners.

15. zanzibar68

zanzibar68 IncGamers Member

I have a 83 bladesin, and CM seems to affect damage figures when using a claw and BF, so why would it not affect AR?

16. Dark512

Dark512 IncGamers Member

Raven Frost is so sweet For BF , really it just has everything you could want apart from CB, Knockback is also your friend and its cheap (a socket quest and NEF)

17. lextalionis

I can't read code. -- So I'm not sure.

Originally everyone thought that CM helped both damage and AR. Recently people have been reporting that one or both are not working with Blade skills.

FYI -- CB and Knockback can be found on CRAFTED GLOVES -- BLOOD and SAFETY. So if you can't socket a nef or don't want to socket your nice item with a Nef, then you can use a crafted glove for Knockback, try it without hurting your item. Crafting is fairly cheap. The other good glove for that would be Cleclaws with slow and knockback. SLow stacks, which can be nice.

For cheap and nice with this build I Like a BLACK Runeword FLail and BLOOD Crafted Gloves.