Some questions about a PvP Bowazon

Bulgarian

Banned
Some questions about a PvP Bowazon

I have quite a bit of wealth accumulated and Im considering making a PvP bowazon. I have a couple questions since this my first time making an amazon.

My SP gear:
Cats Eye
30FRW/120/45 Circ
2x Raven Frosts
Nos. Coil
Fortitude
Gore Rider
20IAS/KB/20 Dex gloves (made up, does it exist?)
+30x 20 life scs
torch/anni

fallen angel of satan said:
...you can get 2k+ life with base vitality (+Bo) easily...
This bothers me. I made bowazon on single player with some gear I would be able to attain on bnet and following his guide almost exactly I only ended up with 1.7k(6bo cta). How is it possible to achieve 2k life? Can somebody clear this up?

2. How much IAS do I need to make the fastest attack with a faith GMB? Does it depend on how many plus skills I have because of fanaticism? Do I have too much/little(refer back to my gear)?

3. How many points do I need in the passive skills?

I have a lot of points leftover, so instead of putting one in each passive i was thinking about rebuilding and doing this:
20 GA
1 All Passives
20 Avoid/Evade/Dodge
1 Multishot

4. How did superdave make it so far?

Just skimmed over those 65 pages, pretty crazy; heh.

Thanks for the help in advance! :)

molly

Banned
I have quite a bit of wealth accumulated and Im considering making a PvP bowazon. I have a couple questions since this my first time making an amazon.

My SP gear:
Cats Eye
30FRW/120/45 Circ
2x Raven Frosts
Nos. Coil
Fortitude
Gore Rider
20IAS/KB/20 Dex gloves (made up, does it exist?)
+30x 20 life scs
torch/anni
Your gear is exactly like mine, except for the glove, cause I still can't find one. I'm not sure if 20dex one exists though.
This bothers me. I made bowazon on single player with some gear I would be able to attain on bnet and following his guide almost exactly I only ended up with 1.7k(6bo cta). How is it possible to achieve 2k life? Can somebody clear this up?
I think with 37 20life scs maybe?, you tested with 30? also maybe with prebuf bo gear, like mara, achrinid (spelling?), 2x sojs, etc...

2. How much IAS do I need to make the fastest attack with a faith GMB? Does it depend on how many plus skills I have because of fanaticism? Do I have too much/little(refer back to my gear)?
You need exactly what your gear provide with 15 fana gmb I believe. 45 helm + 20 amulet + 20 glove + 15 belt.

3. How many points do I need in the passive skills?
Hmm... 20/20/20 D/A/E, rest into critical strike.

I have a lot of points leftover, so instead of putting one in each passive i was thinking about rebuilding and doing this:
20 GA
1 All Passives
20 Avoid/Evade/Dodge
1 Multishot
Sounds good to me.

HaLoPhReAk

Diabloii.Net Member
With a lvl 13 aura GmB you can hit a good ias lvl with 95 IAS (20 ammy, 20 glove, 45 helm). As for the skills...i don't know, i am lvl ** (nearly 89!!) and i got 21 skill points left. as for the other, i have very little vita, and high dex. but D/A/E (dodge avoid evade) are at 50% atleast so i'll dodge 50% of any attacks :p.

Bulgarian

Banned
Im debating if i should put 1 into valkyrie, this build doesnt have many +skills and she dies pretty fast in hell.

Also, what can be done about resist? My resists are probably are all going to be around ~5.

What do you guys think?

olympus

Diabloii.Net Member
Theres not all that much you can do about life or resists on bowazons pvp. They are pretty much supposed to be "glass cannons" as I'm sure you have heard them referred to as, let your dodge/evade/avoid do the work.

I have a bowazon with the same gear as you, except for the gloves, I had to settle with some +2/10IAS/Dex gloves. I get by fairly well without resists.

Remember also, you will not be able to have all of those 20 life sc's as listed above, your inventory will have to be full of pdsc's. It is a must.

Bulgarian

Banned
Theres not all that much you can do about life or resists on bowazons pvp. They are pretty much supposed to be "glass cannons" as I'm sure you have heard them referred to as, let your dodge/evade/avoid do the work.

I have a bowazon with the same gear as you, except for the gloves, I had to settle with some +2/10IAS/Dex gloves. I get by fairly well without resists.

Remember also, you will not be able to have all of those 20 life sc's as listed above, your inventory will have to be full of pdsc's. It is a must.
poison pdscs? I'd prefer not to use poison :/

If I was rich enouph to afford other kinds of scs it would be 3/20s.

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
poison pdscs? I'd prefer not to use poison :/

Poison is a must for a bowazon PvP. :smiley:

A PvP bowazon needs all the advantages she can get. Poison is slow, yes, but it does help to whittle away life.

Bulgarian

Banned
The poison comes down to 154 damage if you have 75% poison resists, which is very easily attainable with sandtreks. IMO, its not worth it.

BTW, why is Faith GMB better then Windforce? A lvl 15 fanaticism aura only gives 34 IAS(going of memory), so wouldnt a sheal'd/ 40/15'd windforce be better because of the damage?

scribblesxp

Diabloii.Net Member
3.7k Poison damage > 740 life ?

Ill consider it.
Bowazons should play "paper" and emphasize a lot more on damage over life. Reason being is that you won't get much life anyways and will be relying much more on your passive D/A/E to save you most of the time. When I played my PvP bowazon, I had similar gear to yours (ofc couldn't afford your sexy *** helm :( I just had a plain bv 120/45), except that I had 5x passive lifers and filled up the rest with poison scs.

approx. 9k guided arrow @ max bp (I used mostly 100pdscs..)

MaG_Thunder

Diabloii.Net Member
I dont suggest maxing D/A/E. after around 10 skill points into each it starts to level out and the % only goes up by 1. Save those points for decoy and valk, which i find are invaluable distractions for pub dueling. pub noobs are so crazy they'll attack anything :smiley: . Another option is to put those extra points into jab and light fury. put a ss+titans on switch and shift+jab when you get hit by an unavoidable ww or a windy lands on you. Light fury ignores defense (last time i checked) and is handy for desynching smiters or hammerdins.

btw pdsc's are for weenies