Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some pvp WW questions

Discussion in 'Druid' started by flabergaster, Feb 13, 2004.

1. flabergaster

flabergaster IncGamers Member

Some pvp WW questions

Hey all i have a few questions that need answering.I did cheak the fourm for answers but nothing that satisfied me.Ok i am making a pvp werewolf druid.Should i max cyclone armor?also i hear people say that 2 handed weapons are better then one handed/shield.Which one is better for pvp?

i am planning on using this:

helm: jalal's
    armor: shaft
    shield: SS/none(if i use 2 handed wep)
    weapon: rib cracker/ikmaul/b-star
    ammy: highlords
    ring1: ?/(raven for less dex and more life maybe)
    ring2: ?/soj ???
    belt: sting of ears
    gloves: draculs?
    boots:gore rider

some advise on the gear would be great.thanks for any help!

2. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Ribcracker really can't hold it's own in pvp, ik maul would perhaps be a better bet but I think bstar would be best, or botd if you can get.
    Verdungo is better then string.
    Ring, I would get 2x raven probably, or an ar/resist ring.

3. flabergaster

flabergaster IncGamers Member

Ok so if I go with a bstar as you suggest im guessing I should go with SS.I could get BoTD but I would have to empty other chars lol...so I will go with ik maul if I go two handed.Also should i max cyclone armor(can you even use it in WW,and i will just have to recast when it runs out?).good work on the wind druid guide by the way fenris.

4. coldarmy13

coldarmy13 IncGamers Member

first of all, i think ribcracker is > ik maul in terms of weapons anyway. well if u can upgrade the ribby. it has the fhr which is a great help and ik only has cb, which is greatly diminished in pvp now. also i believe they can hit the same speed, 5 fpa, and the ribby takes less str to use anyway.

cyclone armor can be cast, but u need to cast it in human form, so prebuffing is a good idea. if i were u, i'd keep an extra angelic ring + ammy in ur stash. the point of this is to greatly improve ur ar, which u will have basically none of, should u use ribby or ik maul[don't use ik maul...]. if u DO end up using a shield, make sure to keep ur dex 10 higher than u need for max block[if u have a second raven frost and should u use the angelic combo]. other ring suggestions would be a bk ring for the life, or a carrion wind[for the twisters that pop off, trust me they help]. other than that...if u were to go 1 hand, i suggest using a 4 socket gris caddy with 3x ed/ias + Lo rune if u can afford. it is hella fast[hits 4fpa] and does solid dmg. and there is another alternative to 1 handed...if u can get ur hands on a cruel fanged knife of quickness with 2 sockets and add an ed/ias and shael, u can have another 4fpa weapon with even higher dmg than gris or bstar, simply because daggers have a dex modifier for dmg. any way u slice it, 1 hand for wolf is better if u have ar problems. going 2 hand requires some finesse and technique to play effectively, not to mention u will lose the dr from stormshield. btw i wouldn't use shaft + storm, since the dr cap is now 50%.

5. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I think an eth botd would be better then caddy, 1 frame less but a lot more damage.

6. coldarmy13

u mean in a zerker or warspike? it wouldn't hit 5 frame i don't think. the next best thing is a botd phase and that's still only like 150 dmg. lol.

7. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

It hits 5 frame.

8. coldarmy13

which one hits 5, and having a 4 framer in my experience > 5 frame.

look at every good zealot on ladder and they have 6.5k+ dmg with 3k+ life. swinging at 4 frames with an eth botd zerker, tell me why i still win.

9. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

Zerker hits 5 frames.

10. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Because you are rich as hell with godly charms?

11. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

Because you should have a lot more life, as well as comparable damage if you're a good ww on ladder.

I wouldn't suggest ribcracker for pvp... if you go 2handed, the primary factor is range. Yea it's great damage but why would you want a range 2 weapon with NO shield on?? Get a BotD eth great poleaxe, Gthresher or whatever hits a good bp (too lazy too look up now lol) that has range 5.

--fatty

12. coldarmy13

interesting. well i have yet to be beaten by some of the best zealots on ladder with 6.5k+ dmg 4 framer eth botds and 3k+ life. i doubt a wolf with less dmg and at 5 frames would do much better. i wanna duel a fury ww with an ebotd, but there is a shortage of melee wolves on ladder.

13. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

theres a huge difference between a 5 frame fury and a 4 frame.. though its just 1 points away on paper.. when a WW with 4 frames goes against a WW with 5 frames but better stats on his weapon.. the 4 framer will most likely end up winning anyways... caddy is seriously the best weapon for a pvp ww solid dmg and lots of it at the fastest attack speed... can u ask for more?

14. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I could ask for a zod bugged eth ccsoq with 3x 40/15ias.
    Or a eth cruel fools mechanics phase blade of quickness butchery transendence.

15. coldarmy13

he asked between ik and ribby, therefore i answered for him. and no i would never ever use anything less than a 5 ranger for 2 hand pvp. i do have a pretty good fury wolf with 2 handed fury on non ladder. he beat 99% of zealots with the step lock method.

16. electricblue

electricblue IncGamers Member

The point of 2 handers is the range, so neither rib nor IK is advisable for Melee PvP.
    For a discussion of fury weapons, either godly or affordable, check my guide, listed in the guides thread. caddy is nowhere the best possible weapon.
    If you have runes, make doom or botd on a range 5 weapon. But range 5 duelling is somewhat harder then 1h duelling, you will need some time to master it.