Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some People Suck

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by mjxg, Jun 4, 2005.

1. mjxg

mjxg IncGamers Member

Some People Suck

So I'll be honest,

I've never played Diablo 2 up until a little less than 2 weeks ago. Didn't know a thing about it. In the past 1.5 weeks, I've been trying to level and get stuff and learn what is going on.

I've gotten my necro to lvl 55. I've learned the raw end of some trading deals early on (losing pgems/runes/stuff to raw deals). Tonight/today tops it all.

I'm attempting to finish my goal for items (Full Trang + SOJ + Mara's + Leoric Arm + Marrows). I have: Trang Scales/Wing/Claws. Being on nightmare, I met someone who had the Leoric arm and the helm. They wanted to trade, but all I have are some runes, a few pgems, and a bunch of armor/shield/sword/boots type stuff (relics of the ****ty trade I got bought into thinking was a good deal). So they said they'd rush me through Hell to the forge and give me the Arm + Helm if they could have my forge. I agreed humbly (still don't know if that was a worthy trade). I had already put 20 hours into attempting to find people with these items, figured this couldn't hurt. 5am rolls around and we finish the forge. Kid says "come to room ____///___ to get your stuff". I go to said room, doesn't exist. I made the room, and he never showed up.

I'm new to the game, attempting to learn the ropes, and someone's gotta pull stuff like this? I am sick of going through raw deals. Is there anyone out there who can help a noob out? I know the stuff I'm looking for is either a) rare, b) hard to trade for, c) not a lot of people want to trade it, or d) hard to get stuff to trade for it, but if there's anyone who can give me a hand, please, let me know :( in game, i'm "mjxg", you can get me through mjxg or *mjxg. I'm usually on attempting to find this stuff, in game, or in chat. Any help would be awesome.

Oh yea...and thanks for this site/forum. I've learned a ton just reading your knowledge base.

--Mike

2. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

some people will always try to screw a newby like urself, my suggestion is never ever do hf for someone else, there a lot of bad people on the realms these days !

edit: welcome to the forums !:D

3. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Don't trade on bnet, trade on the trade forums here.

Other than that, a little word of advice: if you are using full trangs, you don't need Maras. Stick a pdiamond into the shield and collect some resist charms, but you'll see you won't need a lot.

Maras is expensive. Instead, find a +3 summoning (I'm guessing you use a Skelemancer since you are looking for AoKL) magic (= blue) amulet, or trade it for let's say 3-6 pgems. I bought mine for 12 pgems early this ladder, but it has a nice MF% as second mod... and I'm still using that, even though I *have* a Maras stashed away (will use it on another char soon) and could easily afford buying one.

In fact, the +3 is better since it has another +skill for your main skill tree --- you *are* short on +skills with Trangs, since the full set only gives +5 to all. It's good set (I'm using it myself), but it takes a lot of item slots --- so you need to carefully select the stuff you put into the remaining slots. It's also better to aim for summon skillers (15-25 pgems, maybe even less) instead of SOJs --- SOJs are nice, but expensive. I don't have any :)

My price estimates are for Europe Ladder, since that's were I play, and trades in the forums since that's where I look for gear. Prices asked on bnet seem a bit high in comparison, usually.

Also, there are few items you can successfully trade away on the fourms --- high end stuff and good socketables, although some medium stuff will also go for a few (like 1-6) pgems. So, collect your runes (also, keep RALs and ORTs since if anyone asks for large amouns of runes <AMN, it's these) , pgems and "crap jewels" (often valued at 1pg/jewel)

4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

If you want some items for your starting account you can try the Item Fund for Necro Forum Members. Be nice and someone might give you what you want.

The others have said it and I will say it again, if you want to trade the forums are your best bet. Most people who trade there are reliable and honest.

5. Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey IncGamers Member

If you do agree on such "do this for me and get this"-trades, always get the stuff first. If you can't, don't do it.

If you're on Europe, Softcore, Ladder, I have the Arm for trade :D

6. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

What realm do you play? If you play USWESTSCL, I can give you AOKL, Trang Helm. Hopefully I can help you, if not I hope someone else will.

7. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

I agree with Myrakh-2: With full trangs your resists are decent in hell and a +3 summoning ammy of mf or whale would rock :D Also if soj is outta reach a 3% Bul Kathos is way cheaper just for the +skill. Lastly i never trade away my forges nightmare and up as i think i found an Um in nightmare hell forge and when starting new/untwinked i simply cube every flawless i find until i have 40+ p.gems (and make a gems mule) to get something more decent hehe. Sorry to hear your loss/scammed and welcome to the Necro forums :D

8. mjxg

mjxg IncGamers Member

I play USEast Ladder. I'm assuming there's no way to move around realms?

Either way, I really do appreciate everyone trying to help me out. From what everyone is saying, definitely sounds like I should trade on the forums! Right now I have a +3 P&B Skills ammy which I'm holding on to until I can find something better (+all). And I'll definitely try to look for different rings.

Where do you all recommend hunting for items like these? Are there any places that drop items more than others? Now that I'm a lvl 54 necro and I'm in hell, I'm going to have a tough time doing anything because I don't think I'm strong enough to handle the damage.

9. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Download ATMA and use the built-in drop calculator to see who drops what more often than the rest.

About level 75 is what most people aim for when they enter Hell. Level 54 is a bit low. Level a bit in Baal runs. NM Baal also drops reasonable stuff.

10. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

Don't ever trade forges for anything unless it's a trusted friend and you don't care if you lose the forge anyway. There are lot's of scams out there, so watch out. If you make a character on US West ladder I would be happy to help you out with some extra gear. I don't use maphacks but I can still rush/powerlevel you to where you are now very fast.

11. k/t

k/t Banned

My summoner started Hell at 58 (after owning NM) and he owned that too. My bone necro started it at 59 or 60. But I gave them items to help them along :lol: .
    I think I'm starting to realize the power of trading...so that's how all those people get full Tal after 2 weeks of playing Diablo. Maybe I should trade for an IK armor instead of relying on MF :D .

And you'll find that MANY people suck...

12. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hmm to new/returning players i would suggest checking the trading forums/trade values on price checks for various realms to lessen the chance of being exploited by others on b.net. I returned after 2 years and got a big shock when i saw the value of soj on ladder cos back in .09 40 chips/perfs nets you one lol.

13. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

mjxg: You are way too low level for hell. Are you a fishymancer? Read this just in case.

I suggest you join some NM baal runs to get your character to level 70~ before proceeding to hell. Since you can'e see NM games, make them yourself, you should be abel to own WSK NM pretty easy.

Some basics for fishymancers:
    You need a Might Mercenary from Nightmare Act 2. Give him a Hone Sudan, StealSkull, and a Duriel's Shell. I believe you can trade for them with pgems on US East L. Use one of your Socket Quests(Act5 Quest 1) and plant a hole in StealSkull. Get a Jewel of Fervor(Pgems) and put it in the StealSkull. Find 2xAmn + 1xShael and put them in your Hone Sudan. He should do quite decently in NM/Hell.

When you reach level 70~, you should be able to handle hell act 1 pretty well. Stay back to do the pits. Try to spam corpse explosion, it's your main killing skill.

14. k/t

k/t Banned

Depending on equipment, the late 50s are not too early to start Hell. If you completed NM on your own, then you'll be fine. Again, equipment matters.

My merc uses an eth Hone Sundan with AmnAmnShael, an eth Rattlecage and a Tal helm. At level 91 his resists in Hell are 70, and I've been thinking about switching the Tal helm with an eth Harlequin Crest with Um, but haven't gotten around to it yet. He almost never dies, so there's really no point. Plus, Rattlecage and Tal's helm are much easier to find than Stealskull and Duriel's Shell.

15. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

He just started, he doesn't have elite equipment.
    I don't think a Eth Rattlecage is easier to get than a normal duriel's. Oh and a tal mask is a TC48 and a stealskull is a TC42.