Some people shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Wolfwind

Diabloii.Net Member
Argh!

Burn him. 'I wanted to name him something different' Then you should've given him a different FIRST NAME DOLT! Gwah.

Well, I can at least guess what improvements 2.0 has over 1.0.

-Increased Brainpower! ( Over 200% of the original version, now bringing the total up to ONE! That's ONE fully working brain! Compared to the ZERO of 1.0! )
-Lacks ANY of the obvious signs of mental retardation 1.0 has!
-Can KILL it's creator when upgraded to adult version for being spawned from such a shallow Genepool! ( I mean jeez. Who's wife/GF/Companion lets their frickin' child be ID'ed like that? )

Hey. We can turn this thread into a long strand of mocking. Anymore improvements of 2.0 over the obvious failure of 1.0?

Deathwing

Banned
That kid is going to be so screwed when it goes to school unless it gets a name change before then.

2.0 just sounds like a buggy expansion pack, he needs at least 2.2 and DirectX support.

Diabloii.Net Member
At least he's an number, I heard there's a parent that named his kid as an unpronounceable symbol.

Sergeant

Diabloii.Net Member
Did any of you actually read the article? The kid HAS a normal name. Jonathan Blake Cusack. The 2.0 was put in place of "II" or "Jr." as a standard for a son with the same name as the father.

It's not all that big a deal, the kid still has a normal name. Actually, it's kinda cool cause the dad can call him #2 like on Austin Powers!

maccool

Diabloii.Net Member
Sergeant said:
Did any of you actually read the article?
Silly Sarge, you should know by now that reading comprehension isn't a prerequisite for membership in the OTF. If that were the case, there'd be sixty people here and discussions would be rational and based on facts :)

I think 2.0 is an acceptable substitute for Jr. or II. Man, when that kid fills out computer-read forms though, watch the sparks fly!

Dark Matter

Diabloii.Net Member
I read this thread with my jaw on the floor.

Not because a chap in the US had decided to name his kid Jon Blake Cusack 2.0 rather than Jon Blake Cusack II or Jon Blake Cusack Jr., (I read it in my daily paper on my way to work), but because of the ridiculous reaction from the early posters.

Sanity was restored by Sergeant who appears to have been the only one to have read the article!

HOLLAND, Michigan (AP) -- Tacking Jr. or II onto a boy's name is too common, a new father decided, so the self-described engineering geek took a software approach to naming his newborn son.

Jon Blake Cusack talked his wife, Jamie, into naming their son Jon Blake Cusack 2.0.
How much brain power does it take to understand those 2 sentences?

In a country with such luminaries such as Davis Love III and Senator John D. Rockefeller IV, it was only a matter of time before someone decided to modernise the Roman numerals.

GO GO Jon Blake Cusack I say.

BTW, there is/was a woman named Cobina Wright Jr. in the US. She was an actress.

User Name

Diabloii.Net Member
I coulda swore I posted this yesterday, but I can't find it now :xfrosty:

But yea, I get the feeling that kid may get beat up alot in school when hes older.

I think what you have here are people not even clicking the link and reading, just going by the thread poster's initial comment.
A guy here with last name of Dye named his newborn son Dewer. Now that, I think, is just plain stupid, though clever. Yes, he's an engineer. Go figure.

asdf

Diabloii.Net Member
um... i think the kids that are named ESPN have it worse.
i remember seeing a volkswagen commercial where a guy calls his children passat and golf, i think. but it was seriously just a joke...

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
I like the 2.0 thing. It's clever and original. The kid'll probably get beat up for it, but then again all kids get beat up.

Corneo

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey thats at least better than my friend's name. His name is Joe Smith the 4th. The 4th! I can understand Alexander the 4th but Joe? JOE? Joe is not a worthly name to be passed down 4 times.