Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some people have all the luck

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by insenothepunk, Mar 18, 2004.

1. insenothepunk

insenothepunk Banned

Some people have all the luck

Some people have all the luck. Namely my gf (gotta love her, she does all the shopping and i do all the mfing, i hate shopping) playing a lvl 50 sorc at this point. Just yesterday she was out trying to trade and she got an IK helm for free. :yep: This not even a week after she found the angelic ring & ammy with absoulutely no magic find, and wasn't even fighting a boss. Right now I'm just waiting to hear that she got a full tal's set for a ptopaz, or she ran around in circles and got a free stormshield.:clap: But now to a question I have. How can I tell if the Ik helm is .09 or .10? I've heard there is a way but I don't know it. Thanks.

2. PumpShot

PumpShot IncGamers Member

The new ik helms have two sockets.

3. insenothepunk

insenothepunk Banned

Hey hey. Well that was easy to tell. Thanks.

4. insenothepunk

insenothepunk Banned

Ok so latest news: Gf got on last night to do some shopping(trading, she still has that girly thing going on where she loves to turn everything into shopping) and ends up like this. She goes out trying to trade but doesn't get much(aside from my ik gloves woopy) but ends up getting told all our stuff is crap. Hey no biggy to me, I know it is, and I will admit it. So eventually she runes into some one and trys to trade and low and behold.
    Conversation:
    "no offense but your stuff is crap"
    "none taken I know it is"
    "hang on"
    "k"
    ITEMS START DROPPING
    Well damn, why in the hell don't I meet all these nice people. Dropped four mules worth of uniques, and sets. Seems to me like the whole mood on bnet is changing these day. I've heard more nice stories of late. Good job people. Keep up the good work.
    Items on barb free so far:
    Skin of the flayed one
    Angelic ring/ammy
    Ik will
    Raven frost

5. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

It's been my experience that women (especially spouses/SO's) are really, scarily good at trading.

6. insenothepunk

insenothepunk Banned

I don't get it. I think it's that whole inherint natural shopping urge. Maybe it's the fact that they are women. Or her, maybe my gf has been flashing people I don't know it. (she assures me she didn't)

7. sahlakh

sahlakh IncGamers Member

That kind of stuff is worthless (not useless :p), especially on non-ladder. And yes, there are a lot of nice people who like to make others happy =)

When I quit SC a few months ago, I stripped all my chars and gave everything free in public games (except the most valuable runewords which I gave to people I know).

It's just pixels, but it's nice you can make so many people happy for so less.

8. TitanCentaur

TitanCentaur Banned

I don't run into freebies either, but I do give out free items now and then.

9. thenest

thenest IncGamers Member

Its because people like my self dont need the stuff your are getting for free, we dont want to be bothered to spend hours trading crap stuff that is too good to throw away but not worth our time so (A; trade abunch of stuff for cheap, all at once, like all for um rune, when if sold seperatly for sojs u could make 3 or 4 times as much or B; we will just give u something just because it taking up room that we need it, I know my self I hate haveing a full mule where u have to throw things away just to make room for what your buying, most of these items u get I wouldnt even pick up except the fact that I could add it to an all for 1 um rune trade or just to help some one else out. All my friends that play are godly now them self and dont need my freebyes so, I might as well give them to some one else, that can use them or trade them to become better, and hey this game is old man and i still love it, if giving gear to some one to make them better ,and like the game more. Well they might play it for a while and we just like to keep diablo alive i guess. Any ways dude u need some gear like I speak of leave your account name ill give u stuff although I cant say i wont give your gf more or better gear but hey that life. lol

10. insenothepunk

insenothepunk Banned

Understandable. She always gets the better gear. Anyways anything that you don't want just let me know. Acct: *insenothepunk

11. KryptMaker

KryptMaker IncGamers Member

It's the pussy syndrome. All those pre-teens think they'll show up at their door to repay them for their generosity.

Pretend to be a chick and watch it happen for you as well.

12. remcodr

remcodr IncGamers Member

lol...

Im a hc player, i changed to softcore to play some with a mate and in 1 day i already had 2 guys that game me some **** 4 free..... And im nog a girl :p. Its just being nice talking and raping the rewards from it :)

13. insenothepunk

insenothepunk Banned

Ya I still have not lucked out and started getting the freebies. She is still running around in circles getting all the free stuff. But hey I guess that is how the cookie crumbles.